Intelligence Leak Exposes US Spying

The place for measured discourse about politics and current events, including developments in science and medicine.
Sunsilver

Re: Intelligence Leak Exposes US Spying

Post by Sunsilver »

Holy mackerel!! This guy needs to be locked up!! Fortunately he was caught before he carried through on 'culling the weak minded'! :help:
When the night has been too lonely, and the road has been too long,
And you think that love is only for the lucky and the strong,
Just remember in the winter far beneath the bitter snows,
Lies the seed, that with the sun's love, in the spring becomes The Rose.
RoseMorninStar

Post by RoseMorninStar »

I'm catching up on older missed posts, this one among them. It's interesting to contrast this case with that of Trump.

Teixeira is in jail, facing an extremely long prison sentence (as he should be). Trump was allowed to return to one of his golden palaces, without conditions or restrictions on travel. He could face prison sentences for his crimes, but that is unlikely to happen.
My heart is forever in the Shire.
N.E. Brigand

Post by N.E. Brigand »

Following an inspector general report, the Air Force has disciplined 15 Air National Guard members who were aware of serious problems with Jack Teixeira but did nothing about his improper access to classified information (his responsibility was heating and cooling systems?) before he shared much of it on Discord. Also the report reveals that Teixeira was a huge racist, regularly saying "I want to kill all Black people" to those he worked with.
N.E. Brigand

Post by N.E. Brigand »

Jack Teixeira reportedly will plead guilty on Monday.
N.E. Brigand

Post by N.E. Brigand »

N.E. Brigand wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:51 pm Jack Teixeira reportedly will plead guilty on Monday.
Teixeira "agreed to plead guilty to all six counts charging him with willful retention and transmission of national defense information. In exchange, prosecutors agreed not to charge him with additional counts under the Espionage Act." He will be sentenced in September. He faces 11-16 years' imprisonment. Teixeira served in the Massachusetts Air National Guard.

Also yesterday, a 63-year old Air Force contractor, David Franklin Slater, was charged for "giving Top Secret information about Russian military capabilities to his Ukrainian girlfriend through dating app." At least, she professed to be Ukrainian. From what I've read so far, it's not clear that she really is.
Sunsilver

Post by Sunsilver »

I guess WWII was too long ago for people to remember 'Loose lips sink ships'! :roll: :help:
When the night has been too lonely, and the road has been too long,
And you think that love is only for the lucky and the strong,
Just remember in the winter far beneath the bitter snows,
Lies the seed, that with the sun's love, in the spring becomes The Rose.
Dave_LF
Wrong within normal parameters

Post by Dave_LF »

WWII was too long ago for people to remember that Nazis are bad
RoseMorninStar

Post by RoseMorninStar »

Dave_LF wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 4:11 pm WWII was too long ago for people to remember that Nazis are bad
I've recently read/watched a lot of Historical fiction/some non-fiction documentaries about how people lived (and died) in WWI & WWII. Not war stories about soldiers, but stories about how everyone else dealt with war, nurses, camps, what people did to one another, etc.. It's really a shame to forget such atrocities. More than a shame.
My heart is forever in the Shire.