Episode 8 (Spoilers)

For discussion of Amazon's new television show "The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power"
Voronwë the Faithful
At the intersection of here and now

Episode 8 (Spoilers)

Post by Voronwë the Faithful »

This is styled as being a trailer for the final episode, but it is mostly stuff we have seen before.

Hidden text.
However, it does contain a moment in which one of the white-cloaked priestess types says to someone “For you are lord Sauron.” Is this the moment that Sauron gets revealed? Probably not.
"Spirits in the shape of hawks and eagles flew ever to and from his halls; and their eyes could see to the depths of the seas, and pierce the hidden caverns beneath the world."
Inanna
Meetu's little sister

Re: Episode 8 (Spoilers)

Post by Inanna »

My overarching reaction is - What?? Already? Finale??? But, but, but.

They’ve done a good job.
'You just said "your getting shorter": you've obviously been drinking too much ent-draught and not enough Prim's.' - Jude
dormouse

Post by dormouse »

Hidden text.
I thought she/they said, 'For you are not Sauron' - but that may be because the sound on my computer is very unreliable. I've been puzzling over it for days. Tried to find it on Prime on my TV, but failed.
Eight weeks have gone by awfully quickly.
Voronwë the Faithful

Hidden text.
The closed caption is "for you are Lord Sauron" and that is what I hear. I'm not sure that this needs to be behind spoiler tags, but hey, we can, so why not. :whistle:

ETA: This article also says that it is "for you are Lord Sauron" https://www.polygon.com/nycc/23393367/l ... isode-nycc
It's hard to believe that not only is the season drawing to a close, but that we will have to wait so doggone long for the next season!
"Spirits in the shape of hawks and eagles flew ever to and from his halls; and their eyes could see to the depths of the seas, and pierce the hidden caverns beneath the world."
Inanna
Meetu's little sister

Post by Inanna »

:tears:
'You just said "your getting shorter": you've obviously been drinking too much ent-draught and not enough Prim's.' - Jude
dormouse

Post by dormouse »

*Sob* yes, it's going to be a long two years. But we can always watch it again while Amazon lets us, and I'm sure they'll toss us a few crumbs now and then!
Hidden text.
Thanks, that sorts that out. Now all we have to do is work out who they're talking to...... :scratch:
PS - don't spoil my fun - I had to work out how to do this on here!
Voronwë the Faithful

It's fun, isn't it?
elengil
Cat-egorical Herbitual Creativi-Tea

Post by elengil »

dormouse wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 11:38 pm *Sob* yes, it's going to be a long two years. But we can always watch it again while Amazon lets us, and I'm sure they'll toss us a few crumbs now and then!
Hidden text.
Thanks, that sorts that out. Now all we have to do is work out who they're talking to...... :scratch:
PS - don't spoil my fun - I had to work out how to do this on here!
Imma gonna go out on a limb, not having seen it myself, and say
Hidden text.
they're talking to Sauron...
Just a hunch, though.
The dumbest thing I've ever bought
was a 2020 planner.

"Does anyone ever think about Denethor, the guy driven to madness by staying up late into the night alone in the dark staring at a flickering device he believed revealed unvarnished truth about the outside word, but which in fact showed mostly manipulated media created by a hostile power committed to portraying nothing but bad news framed in the worst possible way in order to sap hope, courage, and the will to go on? Seems like he's someone we should think about." - Dave_LF
dormouse

Post by dormouse »

Good one! :rofl:
Inanna
Meetu's little sister

Post by Inanna »

When I saw that image of Sauron with the crown etc my first thought was it’s actually Adar.
Dave_LF
Wrong within normal parameters

Post by Dave_LF »

I actually think it's pretty possible that they're talking to Stranger, but it will turn out they're totally mistaken
Alatar
of Vinyamar

Post by Alatar »

Agreed Dave
The Vinyamars on Stage! This time at Bag End
Voronwë the Faithful

That does seem like the type of thing they would put in a trailer as a misdirection. But we'll see soon enough (hopefully).
Alatar
of Vinyamar

Post by Alatar »

The Vinyamars on Stage! This time at Bag End
Voronwë the Faithful

Well now!

That certainly doesn't sound like they are mistakenly talking to the Stranger!
Stranger Wings

Post by Stranger Wings »

Spoilery clip: https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/20 ... power-clip

Next scene:

Gil-galad: Why don’t we try forging…what are those super small strips of metal that are bent to form a circle and can fit on the end of a knife or a twig or a necklace, and also possibly…a finger?

Celebrimbor: Cider?

Elrond: Cherries?

Galadriel: A duck?

Gil-galad: What? No. They’re these decorative pieces, or bands, of metal some wield to render their fingers less…plain?

Celebrimbor: No idea. Let’s move on.
“He went alone to look in Mirrormere.” - The Book of Mazarbul
Voronwë the Faithful

Oh, for heaven's sake!
Voronwë the Faithful

I can't for the life of me figure out why they decided to make Gil-Gilad so unlikeable!
Dave_LF
Wrong within normal parameters

Post by Dave_LF »

He's Sauron, probably. The real Gil-Galad is tied up in the bottom of his magic chest.
Voronwë the Faithful

And Sauron is using a polyjuice potion?