New Years and LOTR on 4 K

For discussion of the upcoming films based on The Hobbit and related material, as well as previous films based on Tolkien's work
TolkienJRR

New Years and LOTR on 4 K

Post by TolkienJRR »

I will be watching LOTR extended on 4 K this new years for the first time. My oldest son is coming home and staying the weekend and me, the wife, and our four kids will be eating pizza, chips, soda, candy, and other delicious type food while watching FOTR on our new 4 k tv tonight. Tomorrow, it will be more of the same. i think hotdogs baked beans chips etc while watching the two towers. My kids are not nearly as excited as i am but i have already told them they have no choice in the matter, same goes for my wife.

If i really push my luck on Sunday we will watch ROTK.
“I am in fact a Hobbit (in all but size). I like gardens, trees and unmechanized farmlands; I smoke a pipe, and like good plain food (unrefrigerated), but detest French cooking; I like, and even dare to wear in these dull days, ornamental waistcoats. I am fond of mushrooms (out of a field); have a very simple sense of humour (which even my appreciative critics find tiresome); I go to bed late and get up late.”
-J.R.R Tolkien
Voronwë the Faithful
At the intersection of here and now

Re: New Years and LOTR on 4 K

Post by Voronwë the Faithful »

Enjoy!
"Spirits in the shape of hawks and eagles flew ever to and from his halls; and their eyes could see to the depths of the seas, and pierce the hidden caverns beneath the world."
Inanna
Meetu's little sister

Post by Inanna »

Sounds awesome! Have fun.
'You just said "your getting shorter": you've obviously been drinking too much ent-draught and not enough Prim's.' - Jude
TolkienJRR

Post by TolkienJRR »

So we just finished the first disk of TT and I have to say I can never watch LOTR on anything but 4 k from here on out. It just won't be the same. I love it and recommend it to anyone.
“I am in fact a Hobbit (in all but size). I like gardens, trees and unmechanized farmlands; I smoke a pipe, and like good plain food (unrefrigerated), but detest French cooking; I like, and even dare to wear in these dull days, ornamental waistcoats. I am fond of mushrooms (out of a field); have a very simple sense of humour (which even my appreciative critics find tiresome); I go to bed late and get up late.”
-J.R.R Tolkien