Christopher John Reuel Tolkien

Seeking knowledge in, of, and about Middle-earth.
Voronwë the Faithful
At the intersection of here and now

Re: Christopher John Reuel Tolkien

Post by Voronwë the Faithful »

Absolutely, sciricco, and lovely to see you here!

I certainly would be counted as one who didn't agree with all of Christopher's editorial choices (for that matter so would he himself!), but that in no one lessens my appreciation (bordering on awe) for the work that he did.
"Spirits in the shape of hawks and eagles flew ever to and from his halls; and their eyes could see to the depths of the seas, and pierce the hidden caverns beneath the world."
Voronwë the Faithful
At the intersection of here and now

Post by Voronwë the Faithful »

This may be the best tribute to Christopher Tolkien that I have seen. Thank you John Garth, and particularly, thank you Neil Gaiman.

‘He lets us walk the road as JRRT walked it’: Neil Gaiman’s tribute to Christopher Tolkien
"Spirits in the shape of hawks and eagles flew ever to and from his halls; and their eyes could see to the depths of the seas, and pierce the hidden caverns beneath the world."
N.E. Brigand

Post by N.E. Brigand »

Voronwë the Faithful wrote:This may be the best tribute to Christopher Tolkien that I have seen. Thank you John Garth, and particularly, thank you Neil Gaiman.

‘He lets us walk the road as JRRT walked it’: Neil Gaiman’s tribute to Christopher Tolkien
I've reference that tidbit from the War of the Ring foreword before, and I never noticed that it was provided by Neil Gaiman!

Many people nowadays like marmalade instead.