Parodies

Discussion of performing arts, including theatre, film, television, and music.
Maria
Hobbit

Re: Parodies

Post by Maria »

I have a new favorite youtube channel: The Holderness Family. They've been doing parodies for a few years, but have lately been focused on corona virus as a topic. They make me smile.

elengil
Cat-egorical Herbitual Creativi-Tea

Post by elengil »

Here's the latest I've seen!

The dumbest thing I've ever bought
was a 2020 planner.

"Does anyone ever think about Denethor, the guy driven to madness by staying up late into the night alone in the dark staring at a flickering device he believed revealed unvarnished truth about the outside word, but which in fact showed mostly manipulated media created by a hostile power committed to portraying nothing but bad news framed in the worst possible way in order to sap hope, courage, and the will to go on? Seems like he's someone we should think about." - Dave_LF
Voronwë the Faithful
At the intersection of here and now

Post by Voronwë the Faithful »

"Spirits in the shape of hawks and eagles flew ever to and from his halls; and their eyes could see to the depths of the seas, and pierce the hidden caverns beneath the world."
elengil

Post by elengil »

was a 2020 planner.

"Does anyone ever think about Denethor, the guy driven to madness by staying up late into the night alone in the dark staring at a flickering device he believed revealed unvarnished truth about the outside word, but which in fact showed mostly manipulated media created by a hostile power committed to portraying nothing but bad news framed in the worst possible way in order to sap hope, courage, and the will to go on? Seems like he's someone we should think about." - Dave_LF
Voronwë the Faithful

Some of that I enjoyed.

Some it not so much.
"Spirits in the shape of hawks and eagles flew ever to and from his halls; and their eyes could see to the depths of the seas, and pierce the hidden caverns beneath the world."
elengil

Post by elengil »

Voronwë the Faithful wrote:Some of that I enjoyed.

Some it not so much.
yeah
was a 2020 planner.

Voronwë the Faithful

This one is good (though the end is very strange)

elengil

Post by elengil »

I think that ending is from Hot Fuzz? But yes, that was much better.
was a 2020 planner.

Voronwë the Faithful

I thought that too, although I have never seen that film. I could have done without it, but it didn't ruin it for me.
elengil

Post by elengil »

Not exactly a full-on parody but I had to share for the first 30 seconds if nothing else :rofl:

I'm not sure if anyone else here has been religiously following the drama between John Oliver and the city of Danbury, but I think this is one of the best things of the whole year :love:
was a 2020 planner.

Inanna
Meetu's little sister

Post by Inanna »

Voronwë the Faithful wrote:I thought that too, although I have never seen that film. I could have done without it, but it didn't ruin it for me.
Yes.. the beginning was funny though. Esp the "look at me" bit.
'You just said "your getting shorter": you've obviously been drinking too much ent-draught and not enough Prim's.' - Jude
elengil

Post by elengil »

I giggled.
was a 2020 planner.

N.E. Brigand

Post by N.E. Brigand »

elengil wrote:
I giggled.
I was about to say: didn't he already parody "Tradition"? (He did, as "Distraction," last May.) But then I saw that he addresses that at the beginning of the video.

"A Twittler With No Proof"!
Dave_LF
Wrong within normal parameters

Post by Dave_LF »

Hey, he stole my idea! (ask the poor individuals who have to share a house with me)

But yes, "a twittler with no proof" is a solid one-upping of the (fairly obvious) base joke. 8)
elengil

Post by elengil »

I kinda wanna see a Master of the House parody called Presidential Louse
I was running through it in my head last night. About half the lyrics could stay as-is
was a 2020 planner.

Maria
Hobbit

Post by Maria »

This one is incredibly timely:

It may not be funny in a few weeks, but for now I love it.
:)
elengil

Post by elengil »

hehehehehe

was a 2020 planner.

Maria
Hobbit

Post by Maria »

For the Dr Who fans: