Have you read...can you recommend...

Discussion of fine arts and literature.
Jude
Lán de Grás

Re: Have you read...can you recommend...

Post by Jude »

The only e-book my library has by a Katie Porter is “Snap”, which seems to be book 2 of a fiction trilogy. Is it the same Katie Porter?
Frelga
Meanwhile...

Post by Frelga »

I don't think so. At least, there's no mention of it on her Wikipedia page.

By contrast, Stacey Abrams' page lists her writing career both under her own name and as Selena Montgomery. Which is how I just learned that her thriller While Justice Sleeps is being produced as a television series.
If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.

Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!
Maria
Hobbit

Post by Maria »

Frelga wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 3:26 pm Today I learned that What Do You Say to a Naked Elf? is a real book title, written by Cheryl Sterling. The description doesn't sound half bad, actually.

https://www.overdrive.com/media/3589636 ... -naked-elf
I think Molly Harper came up with titles like that earlier, "How to Flirt with a Naked Werewolf" I usually like Harper's books, but the most recent series I read got a bit repetitive after a while. That was the "Mystic Bayou" series. The "Naked Werewolf" series was enjoyable, though.
Impenitent
Throw me a rope.

Post by Impenitent »

I highly recommend a series I've just begun by Alan Bradley. The protagonist is Flavia de Luce, 11 years old, a precocious aspiring chemist who lives in a rambling old pile with two obnoxious older sisters and a father who is still grieving his wife 10 years after her mystetious death.

In the first book of this series, The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie, murder happens and Flavia turns her prodigious intellect to solving it.

I enjoyed it enormously!
Mornings wouldn't suck so badly if they came later in the day.