Comments on the (abandoned) bridge film

A forum for our members to collaborate on scripts adapted from Tolkien's works, patterned on the massive LOTR screenplay authored by ToshoftheWuffingas.
Ethelwynn

Comments on the (abandoned) bridge film

Post by Ethelwynn »

I am loving the chance to reread this script. Elen's characterization and SF's descriptions of battle scenes and nasty, ugly, bad-guy homes really made this fun writing.

Odd thing is, while reading the Dol Guldor siege I remembered what I was reading while working on that scene. Now I've gotta go back and find it.

Thanks for posting this script, Elen.
Bite off more than you can chew. Then, chew it. Ask for seconds.
Elentári

Post by Elentári »

Hey - it wasn't just us! In fact, I think the only thing I contributed to what has been posted so far was the scene at Rivendell!

The fun thing going through this again after 5 years is trying to pick out who wrote what...SF is always recognizable, and anything pertaining to Legolas usually involved the vivacious Angelica! ;) if I remember correctly our German friends Naela and Catia worked on the Rohan scenes, much later on. You, naturally, gravitated towards the Rangers, the Twins and much of the fight sequences. As for me, I seem to recall I stuck to the Rivendell and Lothlórien scenes (anything to do with Elves!) although I also remember having a hand with you in the Umbar sequence...

I must also give a shout out to Kac and madronna who were regulars with us on the journey. Anyone else I've forgotten?
There is magic in long-distance friendships. They let you relate to other human beings in a way that goes beyond being physically together and is often more profound.
~Diana Cortes
Ethelwynn

Post by Ethelwynn »

Most of these scenes had more than one of us at a time working on them. I remember working with you on the Council scene. Wish now we'd all signed our work.
Bite off more than you can chew. Then, chew it. Ask for seconds.
Elentári

Post by Elentári »

Well, I wasn't going to bother with a commentary for this script, after all it was written for fun and the love of it, and, as SF put it in the thread description, "for the private purposes of our own amusement." No doubt one could pick it full of holes if they had a mind to, but equally I would hope that there are some interesting ideas, and good moments in it.

Anyway, since Ethelwynn kindly started this thread, and as no one else has pointed it out yet, I might as well state that, yes, there is a slight conflict with Thranduil being involved in the attack on DG, since he was supposed to be entertaining the Dwarves in Mirkwood around that time. However, since we had Thranduil request help so forcely at the White Council meeting, it would be a poor show if he didn't turn up for the main event! I guess we can fudge the timing issue by having him shoot straight back to Mirkwood whilst the wizards are going over Sauron's affairs in the keep. Perhaps the feasting that Bilbo & co stumbled upon was actually the Elves celebrating the victory at DG? ;)
There is magic in long-distance friendships. They let you relate to other human beings in a way that goes beyond being physically together and is often more profound.
~Diana Cortes