The all too early Season Two thread (possible spoilers)

For discussion of Amazon's new television show "The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power"
Inanna
Meetu's little sister

Re: The all too early Season Two thread (possible spoilers)

Post by Inanna »

Has it been TWO years??
'You just said "your getting shorter": you've obviously been drinking too much ent-draught and not enough Prim's.' - Jude
Voronwë the Faithful
At the intersection of here and now

Post by Voronwë the Faithful »

Yup!
"Spirits in the shape of hawks and eagles flew ever to and from his halls; and their eyes could see to the depths of the seas, and pierce the hidden caverns beneath the world."
Alatar
of Vinyamar

Post by Alatar »

Last edited by Alatar on Wed May 29, 2024 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Vinyamars on Stage! This time at Bag End
Voronwë the Faithful

To my surprise, I am actually looking forward to that.
"Spirits in the shape of hawks and eagles flew ever to and from his halls; and their eyes could see to the depths of the seas, and pierce the hidden caverns beneath the world."
Voronwë the Faithful

Apparently, Bronwyn will not be a returning character in Season 2, even though her son Theo and her Elf lover Arondir will be.

‘The Rings Of Power’ Actress Nazanin Boniadi Not Returning For Season 2
Lord of the Rings: Rings of Power actress Nazanin Boniadi won’t be returning as her human healer character Bronwyn for season 2 of the Prime Video series.

Deadline has also confirmed that Boniadi’s role has not been recast. Bronwyn is the mother of Theo (Tyroe Muhafidin) and the lover of elf warrior Arondir (Ismael Cruz Cordova). Both Muhafidin and Cordova are returning for season 2. Bronwyn didn’t make an appearance in the recent teaser trailer for season 2 of Rings of Power.
There is a scene in the trailer in which Theo appears to be weeping. I would guess that his mother is killed off.
Inanna
Meetu's little sister

Post by Inanna »

Awww… I liked her.
'You just said "your getting shorter": you've obviously been drinking too much ent-draught and not enough Prim's.' - Jude
Voronwë the Faithful

Empire’s World-Exclusive The Lord Of The Rings: The Rings Of Power Season 2 Covers Revealed
Hidden text.
I guess if we are going to have Tom Bombadil, we might as well have Barrowwights (even though I always thought, perhaps wrongly, that the Wights were put in the Barrow by the Witchking in the Third Age
ArathornJax
Aldrig nogen sinde Kvitte

Post by ArathornJax »

I will be interested in Rings of Power. I think my take on this, is there is the written word, what Tolkien wrote and for me that is the key. I love reading and forming interpretations from the writing. Both Peter Jackson's adaptations and Rings of Power Adaptations are that, visual adaptations of Tolkien. I think the difference between the books and the visual adaptations reflect an ever increase in our society to move to visual stimulation instead of reading, analyzing and creating meaning. That saddens me as I see that in education as I begin to come near the end of my career (5-6 years left).
Now, having said that, and making it clear I much more prefer reading Tolkien's books and material and making meaning from it, I do enjoy the visuals and have decided to just go along with the ride. I ever hope it makes some get into Tolkien's writings and the visual representations serve as an invitation to learn more.
The world is indeed full of peril, and in it, there are many dark places; but still, there is much that is fair, and though in all lands, love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater.
Voronwë the Faithful

I would have expected a longer beard, but otherwise, I like the look.

Voronwë the Faithful

Frelga
Meanwhile...

Post by Frelga »

Was just about to post it. It's very impressive!
"What a place! What a situation! What kind of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter."

Terry Pratchett, Going Postal
samaranth

Post by samaranth »

Just one word (for now):

Ents!
Alatar
of Vinyamar

Post by Alatar »

I’m cautiously optimistic!
The Vinyamars on Stage! This time at Bag End
Voronwë the Faithful

samaranth wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2024 10:24 am Just one word (for now):

Ents!
And Eagles!

(Hi Sam!)