News from Bree and other random discussions

Seeking knowledge in, of, and about Middle-earth.
Voronwë the Faithful
At the intersection of here and now

Re: News from Bree and other random discussions

Post by Voronwë the Faithful »

No the items are not for sale!! But can you can buy a catalog of the exhibit for $60.
"Spirits in the shape of hawks and eagles flew ever to and from his halls; and their eyes could see to the depths of the seas, and pierce the hidden caverns beneath the world."
RoseMorninStar

Post by RoseMorninStar »

Inanna wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 12:20 pm Oh that looks lovely. Hopefully it will travel to my shores too.
I've been down to see the collection before, but this appears to have more than has previously been exhibited here, such as items on loan from the Bodleian library in Oxford etc.. I doubt it's going to travel.

Tolkien fans are encouraged to participate by adding to the digital collection by answering 3 questions in 3 minutes. They are hoping to collect 6,000 recordings.
My heart is forever in the Shire.
Inanna
Meetu's little sister

Post by Inanna »

I’ve seen some of these Bodleian ones when an exhibit came to NY.
'You just said "your getting shorter": you've obviously been drinking too much ent-draught and not enough Prim's.' - Jude
RoseMorninStar

Post by RoseMorninStar »

Interesting article from AFAR.
Following in the Footsteps of J.R.R. Tolkien in Switzerland’s Mystical Lauterbrunnen Valley
From the Shire to Rivendell to the Misty Mountains, many locations in “The Lord of the Rings” were inspired by real landscapes.
My heart is forever in the Shire.