"There is good in this world ... ."

The place for measured discourse about politics and current events, including developments in science and medicine.
Frelga
Meanwhile...

Re: "There is good in this world ... ."

Post by Frelga »

If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.

Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!
Inanna
Meetu's little sister

Post by Inanna »

Oh what a lovely idea.

It reminds me of what the Pope said when asked if one should give money to people who ask for it. He said yes, and look them in the eye and ask their name. I’ve been trying to do that.
'You just said "your getting shorter": you've obviously been drinking too much ent-draught and not enough Prim's.' - Jude
RoseMorninStar

Post by RoseMorninStar »

I love the chat bench idea!! :love:
My heart is forever in the Shire.
Voronwë the Faithful
At the intersection of here and now

Post by Voronwë the Faithful »

"Spirits in the shape of hawks and eagles flew ever to and from his halls; and their eyes could see to the depths of the seas, and pierce the hidden caverns beneath the world."
elengil
Cat-egorical Herbitual Creativi-Tea

Post by elengil »

That one got me teary. Beautiful but painful, too.
The dumbest thing I've ever bought
was a 2020 planner.

"Does anyone ever think about Denethor, the guy driven to madness by staying up late into the night alone in the dark staring at a flickering device he believed revealed unvarnished truth about the outside word, but which in fact showed mostly manipulated media created by a hostile power committed to portraying nothing but bad news framed in the worst possible way in order to sap hope, courage, and the will to go on? Seems like he's someone we should think about." - Dave_LF
RoseMorninStar

Post by RoseMorninStar »

Aww. Good for them! I'm glad they are doing it up right with background checks and training. Many people dress 'scary' (goth, biker, etc..) to protect themselves from bullies. I'm glad to see this social group put to such constructive use.
My heart is forever in the Shire.