Immigration Politics

The place for measured discourse about politics and current events, including developments in science and medicine.
Voronwë the Faithful
At the intersection of here and now

Re: Immigration Politics

Post by Voronwë the Faithful »

Sunny's video is the same as yov's, which in turn is the same as elengil's!

Sent from my LG G6 using Tapatalk
"Spirits in the shape of hawks and eagles flew ever to and from his halls; and their eyes could see to the depths of the seas, and pierce the hidden caverns beneath the world."
yovargas
I miss Prim ...

Post by yovargas »

My mistake, I saw it in my youtube recommendations like if it was a new episode! I must have missed it back then.

eta - thanks for the link, Cerin. That was really interesting to read.
Last edited by yovargas on Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:35 am, edited 3 times in total.
I wanna love somebody but I don't know how
I wanna throw my body in the river and drown
-The Decemberists

elengil
Cat-egorical Herbitual Creativi-Tea

Post by elengil »

yovargas wrote:My mistake, I saw it in my youtube recommendations like if it was a new episode! I must have missed it back then.
Well, yours says it was only recently published so I think it is a different episode. Here is the live link:
The dumbest thing I've ever bought
was a 2020 planner.

"Does anyone ever think about Denethor, the guy driven to madness by staying up late into the night alone in the dark staring at a flickering device he believed revealed unvarnished truth about the outside word, but which in fact showed mostly manipulated media created by a hostile power committed to portraying nothing but bad news framed in the worst possible way in order to sap hope, courage, and the will to go on? Seems like he's someone we should think about." - Dave_LF
Voronwë the Faithful
At the intersection of here and now

Post by Voronwë the Faithful »

Ah, okay. I should have kept quiet. Cerin is correct, the link that Sunny gave is the same as the first one that elengil gave, which is an episode about immigration courts specifically, whereas the link that yov gave and that elengil has made live is a more recent episode about immigration more generally. Sorry I was confused.
"Spirits in the shape of hawks and eagles flew ever to and from his halls; and their eyes could see to the depths of the seas, and pierce the hidden caverns beneath the world."
RoseMorninStar

Post by RoseMorninStar »

It's certainly something that should be addressed. Kicking the can down the road isn't doing anyone any good.
My heart is forever in the Shire.