Not enough Whisky for this Tango Foxtrot

The place for measured discourse about politics and current events, including developments in science and medicine.
RoseMorninStar

Re: Not enough Whisky for this Tango Foxtrot

Post by RoseMorninStar »

:doh: :nono:

I have family members be like that. :help:
My heart is forever in the Shire.
elengil
Cat-egorical Herbitual Creativi-Tea

Post by elengil »

I thought about putting this in the parody thread, but it seemed less like a parody and more like... just... what's going on.

Language warning

The dumbest thing I've ever bought
was a 2020 planner.

"Does anyone ever think about Denethor, the guy driven to madness by staying up late into the night alone in the dark staring at a flickering device he believed revealed unvarnished truth about the outside word, but which in fact showed mostly manipulated media created by a hostile power committed to portraying nothing but bad news framed in the worst possible way in order to sap hope, courage, and the will to go on? Seems like he's someone we should think about." - Dave_LF
RoseMorninStar

Post by RoseMorninStar »

It's hard to do parody when it's really not parody at all.

A newscaster asked someone on the Pence team if they were concerned about having rallies in heavy COVID areas and the person from the Pence team replied something to the effect of, 'No, we have the best doctors and treatments available so VP Pence has nothing to worry about'. What he didn't say is that those attending the rallies could 'eat cake'. SO freakin' tone-deaf.
Inanna
Meetu's little sister

Post by Inanna »

Someone post a nice pic here! Now I see those two dudes in my Tapatalk threads! All the time!
'You just said "your getting shorter": you've obviously been drinking too much ent-draught and not enough Prim's.' - Jude
elengil

Post by elengil »

Inanna wrote:Someone post a nice pic here! Now I see those two dudes in my Tapatalk threads! All the time!
I fixed for you. Sorry. :hug:
Spring (3).JPG
Spring (3).JPG (361.01 KiB) Viewed 5092 times
was a 2020 planner.

"Does anyone ever think about Denethor, the guy driven to madness by staying up late into the night alone in the dark staring at a flickering device he believed revealed unvarnished truth about the outside word, but which in fact showed mostly manipulated media created by a hostile power committed to portraying nothing but bad news framed in the worst possible way in order to sap hope, courage, and the will to go on? Seems like he's someone we should think about." - Dave_LF
RoseMorninStar

Post by RoseMorninStar »

:love:
Voronwë the Faithful
At the intersection of here and now

Post by Voronwë the Faithful »

In the "you can't make this stuff up" department (from the great Heather Cox Richardson):
Meanwhile, with no verification and dubious origins, the story of Hunter Biden’s laptop is dying, and likely will have little of the impact for which Trump was clearly hoping. The president’s lawyer Rudy Giuliani is still trying to push the story, but with little luck. He blew up when a host on the Fox Business Network suggested the Hunter Biden laptop story was unverified. Tucker Carlson tonight claimed that he had “real, authentic and damning” new Hunter Biden documents, but a producer shipped them to Carlson’s home—apparently without making copies of them-- and they mysteriously disappeared.
"Spirits in the shape of hawks and eagles flew ever to and from his halls; and their eyes could see to the depths of the seas, and pierce the hidden caverns beneath the world."
RoseMorninStar

Post by RoseMorninStar »

Voronwë the Faithful wrote:In the "you can't make this stuff up" department (from the great Heather Cox Richardson):
Meanwhile, with no verification and dubious origins, the story of Hunter Biden’s laptop is dying, and likely will have little of the impact for which Trump was clearly hoping. The president’s lawyer Rudy Giuliani is still trying to push the story, but with little luck. He blew up when a host on the Fox Business Network suggested the Hunter Biden laptop story was unverified. Tucker Carlson tonight claimed that he had “real, authentic and damning” new Hunter Biden documents, but a producer shipped them to Carlson’s home—apparently without making copies of them-- and they mysteriously disappeared.
I read that late last night. I thought how desperate, malignantly dishonest, and irresponsible this was. I've seen rumors that Carlson is quitting Fox after this election cycle to prepare for a run of his own.. to preserve Trumperism/Nationalism. :puke:
Inanna
Meetu's little sister

Post by Inanna »

Image is not going away! Trying again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
'You just said "your getting shorter": you've obviously been drinking too much ent-draught and not enough Prim's.' - Jude
elengil

Post by elengil »

I edited the picture out of the post - hope that helps!
was a 2020 planner.

RoseMorninStar

Post by RoseMorninStar »

What image are we talking about? Did I miss it? I thought it was of the videos?
elengil

Post by elengil »

RoseMorninStar wrote:What image are we talking about? Did I miss it? I thought it was of the videos?
It was the picture of two guys in t-shirts that said "I'd rather be Russian than Democrat"
was a 2020 planner.

RoseMorninStar

Post by RoseMorninStar »

elengil wrote:
RoseMorninStar wrote:What image are we talking about? Did I miss it? I thought it was of the videos?
It was the picture of two guys in t-shirts that said "I'd rather be Russian than Democrat"
Oh yeah, well.. can't fix stupid.
Inanna
Meetu's little sister

Post by Inanna »

elengil wrote:I edited the picture out of the post - hope that helps!
Yes! Thank you so much. It was driving me nuts. :P
elengil

Post by elengil »

Very welcome, mental health is so important :D
was a 2020 planner.

yovargas
I miss Prim ...

Post by yovargas »

Last edited by yovargas on Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.
I wanna love somebody but I don't know how
I wanna throw my body in the river and drown
-The Decemberists

elengil

Post by elengil »

:doh:

YCMTSU

you can't make this shit up
was a 2020 planner.

Frelga
Meanwhile...

Post by Frelga »

It's amazing how the headline just kept escalating.
If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.

Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!
RoseMorninStar

Post by RoseMorninStar »

Frelga wrote:It's amazing how the headline just kept escalating.
:rotfl: :rofl:

Methinks he doth protest over much.
Inanna
Meetu's little sister

Post by Inanna »

Frelga wrote:It's amazing how the headline just kept escalating.
too true.