Paperback edition!

A forum for discussion of Voronwë's book, Arda Reconstructed: The Creation of the Published Silmarillion
Voronwë the Faithful
At the intersection of here and now

Post by Voronwë the Faithful »

And now the real cover image is finally uploaded. With the TORN announcement, the sales have picked up considerably:
Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #26,494 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
#10 in Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > History & Criticism
#27 in Books > Literature & Fiction > Books & Reading > Reference
"Spirits in the shape of hawks and eagles flew ever to and from his halls; and their eyes could see to the depths of the seas, and pierce the hidden caverns beneath the world."
N.E. Brigand

Post by N.E. Brigand »

From an e-mail I just got from amazon:

"Customers who have purchased or rated Interrupted Music: The Making of Tolkien's Mythology by Verlyn Flieger might like to know that Arda Reconstructed: The Creation of the Published Silmarillion will be released on July 16, 2011."
Voronwë the Faithful

That's very cool, N.E.B. I'm very much looking forward to getting to meet Verlyn for the first time next week.

Of course, the really strange thing is that Amazon was selling copies of the book last week, only to go back to saying that it had not yet been released.
"Spirits in the shape of hawks and eagles flew ever to and from his halls; and their eyes could see to the depths of the seas, and pierce the hidden caverns beneath the world."
Voronwë the Faithful

Re: Paperback edition!

Got a royalty check today. Not a very big one, but it still nice to know that people are still buying the book, more than ten years after the book was first released!
Impenitent
Throw me a rope.

Post by Impenitent »

*Applauds*

It's a very good book, Voronwë; anyone who wants to better understand the Silm will want to read it.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
Mornings wouldn't suck so badly if they came later in the day.
Inanna
Meetu's little sister

Post by Inanna »

Congrats, V!
'You just said "your getting shorter": you've obviously been drinking too much ent-draught and not enough Prim's.' - Jude
Beorhtnoth

Post by Beorhtnoth »

My copy has arrived. A quick flick through warns me I'll need my thinking cap well and truly on! :D
In a society built on deceit, telling truth is a seditious act
Voronwë the Faithful

Yay!
Beorhtnoth

Post by Beorhtnoth »

I have to say, this isn't bedside easy reading. It's dense, esoteric, and incredibly thorough in its analysis.

Love it!
In a society built on deceit, telling truth is a seditious act
Voronwë the Faithful

I am very pleased that you are enjoying it!
Voronwë the Faithful

I got my largest royalty check in years today. What a surprise! It is so gratifying to know that more than 12 years in people are still buying this book!