Lord of the Rings series!?

For discussion of the upcoming films based on The Hobbit and related material, as well as previous films based on Tolkien's work
kzer_za

Re: Lord of the Rings series!?

Post by kzer_za »

Well it worked out with Stuart Townsend leaving, and recasting after a pilot is not uncommon.
Voronwë the Faithful
1000%

Post by Voronwë the Faithful »

At least we knew who Stuart Townsend was portraying!

Ditto for Rob Kazinsky in The Hobbit films.
"Among the tales of sorrow there are yet some in which amid weeping there is joy and under the shadow of death light that endures."
Voronwë the Faithful
1000%

Post by Voronwë the Faithful »

This doesn't really have any really significance to me, but it might mean something to someone.

Wayne Che Yip Boards ‘The Lord Of The Rings’ Series As Director & Co-EP, Will Helm Four Episodes Of Amazon Original
"Among the tales of sorrow there are yet some in which amid weeping there is joy and under the shadow of death light that endures."
Alatar
of Vinyamar

Post by Alatar »

Three interesting facts in one sentence:
The Lord of the Rings‘ first eight-episode season is expected to launch on Prime Video this year, and a second has already been ordered.
1. 8 Eps per season (Same as GoT)
2. Launching this year (Was expected, but this is the first confirmation I've seen)
3. Second season already ordered. (Before audience reaction. Optimistic approach, they must be confident)
The Vinyamars on Stage! This time at Bag End
Smaug's voice
Nibonto Aagun

Post by Smaug's voice »

Had no idea it was releasing this early! I'm cautiously optimistic. Any sign of when we'll be getting a trailer?

(also hello :)))
Snowdog

Post by Snowdog »

I'm not surprised that a second season was 'ordered' as I read that it was costing something like a half a billion dollars for the 1st season. I believe that counts the 250 million for just the rights. Nonetheless, that is a staggering amount of money for a TV show.
I am an outlaw,
I was born an outlaw's son
The highway is my legacy
On the highway I will run