Netflix Redwall Movie and TV Series

Discussion of performing arts, including theatre, film, television, and music.
Alatar
of Vinyamar

Netflix Redwall Movie and TV Series

Post by Alatar »

https://variety.com/2021/film/news/netf ... 234904865/

I haven't read the books although they keep popping up in my peripheral vision as a Fantasy fan. Are they very kiddie?
Brian Jacques’ beloved “Redwall” books are being adapted into a feature film and TV series thanks to a new rights deal between Netflix and Penguin Random House Children. The fantasy novels have sold 30 million copies globally and have attracted an avid following with their tales of heroism, villainy and derring do all played out by mice, moles, hares and badgers. Think J.R.R. Tolkien with cuddlier protagonists.

Netflix announced it has enlisted Patrick McHale, creator of Cartoon Network’s “Over the Garden Wall,” to write the feature film. That film will be based on Jacques’ first book in the series, “Redwall” (there are 21 others, extending to the final book “The Rogue Crew”). Netflix is also developing an event series based on the character of Martin the Warrior.
There was an animated cartoon that also managed to bypass me. Looked a bit like a low budget version of Disney's "Robin Hood"

Note: THis is NOT the Netflix series.
The Vinyamars on Stage! This time at Bag End
yovargas
I miss Prim ...

Re: Netflix Redwall Movie and TV Series

Post by yovargas »

I am not familiar with Redwall, but I adore their Over the Garden Wall mini-series so they've got my attention.
I wanna love somebody but I don't know how
I wanna throw my body in the river and drown
-The Decemberists

Maria
Hobbit

Post by Maria »

My kids read the Redwall series when they were little, but I couldn't get past chapter one, book one. So, yeah, I'd guess they are "kiddie".
Frelga
Meanwhile...

Post by Frelga »

I couldn't get through chapter one, either. I can't remember why, now.
If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.

Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!