It is currently Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:06 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1932 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 93, 94, 95, 96, 97
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Trump's America
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:37 am 
Offline
bioalchemist
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:08 am
Posts: 11473
Location: the dry land
Barr said something weasely about not anticipating, so if you want to be cynical, expect something unanticipated.

_________________
When you can do nothing what can you do?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Trump's America
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:11 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:07 am
Posts: 3712
Location: North Shire
The 'Boogaloo Bois' militia movement (mostly heavily armed white men of a libertarian bent who wish to incite a race war) have co opted the Hawaiian shirt as their unofficial uniform. They were out in force outside the Trump rally but had to leave due to their weapons.

Due to ticket demand, Trump had expected huge crowds in Tulsa which never manifested. Steve Schmidt (former?) Republican strategist, tweeted tonight that the Trump administration was (t)rolled by teens across America who evidently organized and ordered hundreds of tickets to Trumps rally, with no intention of attending.

As for the SDNY/Berman/Barr/Trump thing.. weird. On the bright side Berman should be completely free to testify on Wednesday.

_________________
My heart is forever in the Shire.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Trump's America
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:23 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2005 8:37 am
Posts: 5360
Location: Melbourne, Victoria
Holding that rally, on a day after the U.S. recorded something like 33,000 new COVID-19 cases, was one of the most deranged things I've ever seen. They couldn't have had a better super-spreader event if they planned it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Trump's America
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:46 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:07 am
Posts: 3712
Location: North Shire
I don't know what you've heard about the rally Túrin, but Trump claims he's done such a wonderful job with COVID. He said if only we'd slow down testing there would be fewer cases--later saying he was joking. :roll: :scratch: It sure didn't sound like he was joking. With about 120,000 dead I don't think the president should consider it a 'joking' matter. He called it the 'Kung Flu' and he said he had 19 other names for it. (We're already seeing a rise in violence against Asian Americans). But his crowd ate it up. What a mess.

_________________
My heart is forever in the Shire.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Trump's America
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:45 pm
Posts: 2464
Location: Small drinking village with a severe fishing problem
RoseMorninStar wrote:
I don't know what you've heard about the rally Túrin, but Trump claims he's done such a wonderful job with COVID. He said if only we'd slow down testing there would be fewer cases--later saying he was joking. :roll: :scratch: It sure didn't sound like he was joking. With about 120,000 dead I don't think the president should consider it a 'joking' matter. He called it the 'Kung Flu' and he said he had 19 other names for it. (We're already seeing a rise in violence against Asian Americans). But his crowd ate it up. What a mess.


And once again we have the baffling double-speak and cognitive dissonance. If COVID is a hoax, why attack Asian Americans? If COVID is real, why dismiss it? I really wish our brains didn't allow for this kind of thing, I really do. :nono:

_________________
I before E except after C
Or when sounding like A as in neighbor and weigh
Or in science and ageist, when syllables split
English is weird, but I don't give a crap.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Trump's America
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:07 am
Posts: 3712
Location: North Shire
elengil wrote:
RoseMorninStar wrote:
I don't know what you've heard about the rally Túrin, but Trump claims he's done such a wonderful job with COVID. He said if only we'd slow down testing there would be fewer cases--later saying he was joking. :roll: :scratch: It sure didn't sound like he was joking. With about 120,000 dead I don't think the president should consider it a 'joking' matter. He called it the 'Kung Flu' and he said he had 19 other names for it. (We're already seeing a rise in violence against Asian Americans). But his crowd ate it up. What a mess.


And once again we have the baffling double-speak and cognitive dissonance. If COVID is a hoax, why attack Asian Americans? If COVID is real, why dismiss it? I really wish our brains didn't allow for this kind of thing, I really do. :nono:


Trump only understands division and chaos, as bullies do. If he can divide, he can conquer. That is who/what he is appealing to. He rambled on about himself. Recounted satirical material from a far right wing conspiracy site about Biden as fact. Lies and division.

_________________
My heart is forever in the Shire.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Trump's America
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:41 am
Posts: 6053
Location: In my rose garden
I saw a campaign ad for Biden today. It showed him speaking at a rally. The speech was all about unity and working together. He and his people obviously know what will appeal to those who are sick and tired of Trump.

I think the text came from this speech: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GmWa3WCo9k
Edit: yup, 7 minutes in!

_________________
When the night has been too lonely, and the road has been too long,
And you think that love is only for the lucky and the strong,
Just remember in the winter far beneath the bitter snows,
Lies the seed, that with the sun's love, in the spring becomes The Rose.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Trump's America
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:17 pm 
Offline
bioalchemist
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:08 am
Posts: 11473
Location: the dry land
Túrin Turambar wrote:
Holding that rally, on a day after the U.S. recorded something like 33,000 new COVID-19 cases, was one of the most deranged things I've ever seen. They couldn't have had a better super-spreader event if they planned it.

Thankfully the crowd was smaller than anticipated. The arena was not full and there was no overflow. It's not likely to end well but it won't be as bad as it could have been if more locals were willing to indulge. But yes, this event definitely brings Trump into "danger to self and others" territory. If he weren't surrounded by grifting enablers he'd probably be under some sort of medical supervision.

_________________
When you can do nothing what can you do?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Trump's America
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:37 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:07 am
Posts: 3712
Location: North Shire
Suny, THAT is a speech by a leader. When I hear something like that I cannot help but think of how far we have fallen.

They are calling Trump's 'speech' at his rally the Emptiesburg Address.

_________________
My heart is forever in the Shire.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Trump's America
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:41 am
Posts: 6053
Location: In my rose garden
Quote:
They are calling Trump's 'speech' at his rally the Emptiesburg Address.


:rofl: :rofl:

I can no longer stand to listen to him talk. If he's said something totally unbelievable, like when he rebuked a reporter for asking what assurances he could give to people who were frightened by the COVID virus, I MIGHT give it a listen, but that's about it.

_________________
When the night has been too lonely, and the road has been too long,
And you think that love is only for the lucky and the strong,
Just remember in the winter far beneath the bitter snows,
Lies the seed, that with the sun's love, in the spring becomes The Rose.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Trump's America
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:22 pm 
Offline
Wrong within normal parameters
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2006 9:59 am
Posts: 5057
Location: The other side of Michigan
Túrin Turambar wrote:
Holding that rally, on a day after the U.S. recorded something like 33,000 new COVID-19 cases, was one of the most deranged things I've ever seen. They couldn't have had a better super-spreader event if they planned it.

It's one thing to tell other people to act like COVID is no big deal because, after all, who cares if someone else dies to help your election prospects? But Trump is now acting like it's no big deal for him either. I seriously question what's going on in his head. Has he truly gone into full denial mode, and no one's even trying to stop him? If so, with a schedule that includes crowded events in Oklahoma, Arizona, and Florida, he's got a pretty good chance of catching it. And while he's not the candidate I voted for, I don't really want to add questions about who's in charge to our pile of problems (let's not even talk about what happens if Pence catches it too. *Why* are both of them attending these rallies together?? That's a dumb idea even without a plague). The only other explanation I can think of is that he had it already without telling, and that's why he did his two weeks of HCQ.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Trump's America
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:07 am
Posts: 3712
Location: North Shire
It would be my guess that Trump is not unlike some celebrities I've read about who surround themselves with sycophants and 'yes-persons' (their influence and money allow them to get away with this). They refuse to hear anything they don't like nor do they wish to deal with hard realities so everyone around them sugar-coats everything they say and they come to live in a bubble. An illusion of reality of their own making. Magical thinking, to be able to wish things away or that the power of one's own mind can change the facts.

Trump's father was a follower of Norman Vincent Peale and the family attended his church when Donald was little. Peale's book, 'The Power of Positive Thinking' made a huge impression on Trump and it seems he lives by those principles without the tempering of reality and believes our thoughts alone are determinative.

_________________
My heart is forever in the Shire.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1932 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 93, 94, 95, 96, 97

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group