Nature Pics

For the appreciation of the glorious beauty of nature and in unexpected places.
RoseMorninStar

Re: Nature Pics

Post by RoseMorninStar »

Voronwë the Faithful wrote:This is pretty amazing!
America's next Ninja warrior!
My heart is forever in the Shire.
Inanna
Meetu's little sister

Post by Inanna »

We have started venturing out. Fairy trail hike on Friday:

'You just said "your getting shorter": you've obviously been drinking too much ent-draught and not enough Prim's.' - Jude
Voronwë the Faithful
At the intersection of here and now

Post by Voronwë the Faithful »

:love:
"Spirits in the shape of hawks and eagles flew ever to and from his halls; and their eyes could see to the depths of the seas, and pierce the hidden caverns beneath the world."
RoseMorninStar

Post by RoseMorninStar »

That looks so lovely Inanna! Are there any fairy doors?

V: I'm loving the new Van Gogh!
Voronwë the Faithful

I was wondering who would notice; if I thought about it, I would have realized you were a likely candidate. Of course, Prim would have commented on it right away. She would have been disappointed that I changed it from Starry Night because of the long history going back to TORC, but she never would have let on.

Much as I love Starry Night, The Church at Auvers has long been my favorite Van Gogh (which is to say, my favorite painting). But of course, I shouldn't be osgiliating this thread!
"Spirits in the shape of hawks and eagles flew ever to and from his halls; and their eyes could see to the depths of the seas, and pierce the hidden caverns beneath the world."
RoseMorninStar

Post by RoseMorninStar »

To be fair, while not entirely so, there is quite a bit of nature in this painting and I love this color palette. It is more about what is outside surrounding the church than it is about the building itself. The roiling sky, the theme of diverging paths. Of this painting (which Vincent did from memory while at St. Remy.. same with Starry Night. He did few paintings from memory.) Van Gogh wrote to his sister, "I have a larger picture of the village church - an effect in which the building appears to be violet-hued against a sky of simple deep blue colour, pure cobalt; the stained-glass windows appear as ultramarine blotches, the roof is violet and partly orange. In the foreground some green plants in bloom, and sand with the pink flow of sunshine in it. And once again it is nearly the same thing as the studies I did in Nuenen of the old tower and the cemetery, only it is probably that now the colour is more expressive, more sumptuous. ”

I was going to move this reply, but I could not think of a more appropriate place to post it. I shall now cease & desist!
Voronwë the Faithful

I certainly am not going to complain, though if I respond further, I'll do it in the Library.
RoseMorninStar

Post by RoseMorninStar »

To get back on track I'll post this nature(ish) photo taken from my deck. There may not be any birds in sight, but there was a cacophony of chirping and lots of activity. The crabapple looks about ready to bloom within the next few days. It was a lovely day for a cook-out.
Inanna
Meetu's little sister

Post by Inanna »

That’s lovely, Rose!

Another hike today, this time with friends

'You just said "your getting shorter": you've obviously been drinking too much ent-draught and not enough Prim's.' - Jude
RoseMorninStar

Post by RoseMorninStar »

Oh my goodness! That is lovely!! Breathtaking!
Inanna
Meetu's little sister

Post by Inanna »

Went up a smaller mountain today: Pyramid Mountain

You can see the NYC skyline like a sketch on the horizon.
Jude
Lán de Grás

Post by Jude »

I'm looking for pictures of mountain ranges to use in a music video. Specifically, scenes from California or Arizona that look like the sort of scenery you see in Westerns. Anybody have anything like that they'd be willing to let me use?
RoseMorninStar

Post by RoseMorninStar »

Do you want a certain time of day (Sunset or broad daylight) or water/rivers, snow-capped, etc.. or do you want more desert-like features? People/no people?

ooops.. I tried to resize but I must not have done that right..

Yosemite
Hidden text.
Yosemite.jpeg
Yosemite.jpeg (635.67 KiB) Viewed 9709 times
Last edited by RoseMorninStar on Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
RoseMorninStar

Post by RoseMorninStar »

Great Southern Alps, NZ
Hidden text.
Great Southern Alps, NZ
Great Southern Alps, NZ
4ouZSomj0MVEGEipqyQ4Iw21NjjWJMRLtY_Vn82oGjvOqdqqo3xb5oYe3S4H4cc2JjnenVA4BUFNWoiyipssdgubHWuQOK-dDEHICWU-dYrqi1jxL_UhemZyV1_tPYwTLTROp95XPVSvqOYvbbOl6FPdqSR8_DOGDKkqAzk5TfconobiTxBC0_x5PHsHm70HW0SzRNU-tr28dnDNvZZDR__fAn.jpg (460.14 KiB) Viewed 9705 times
Milford Sound (NZ)
Hidden text.
V0jvj3Z9l0kKc1heVaHu7TpIQLXdvYYijZANrfFWv9F8YbXsdoP3nqtp6ol2FmKwLiG9iyd6owQp6l8kgLL2MGfOt7s5JEUJ_vASS-D_FLVYVEKlP1Z-6njrtUgU8LjNNZcyBne0IXy9wFBklpSBDReAwDJYHty4JO1w0IoNMmhOdyxt12yg07t8E6vDm4go2yG9eMXsfnzhbEe9fMS3iWYjpF-1.jpg
V0jvj3Z9l0kKc1heVaHu7TpIQLXdvYYijZANrfFWv9F8YbXsdoP3nqtp6ol2FmKwLiG9iyd6owQp6l8kgLL2MGfOt7s5JEUJ_vASS-D_FLVYVEKlP1Z-6njrtUgU8LjNNZcyBne0IXy9wFBklpSBDReAwDJYHty4JO1w0IoNMmhOdyxt12yg07t8E6vDm4go2yG9eMXsfnzhbEe9fMS3iWYjpF-1.jpg (81.86 KiB) Viewed 9705 times
Tucson, AZ
Hidden text.
2011 Tuson trip 073.jpeg
2011 Tuson trip 073.jpeg (520.46 KiB) Viewed 9709 times
RoseMorninStar

Post by RoseMorninStar »

NZ Milford
Hidden text.
NZ MFD.jpg
NZ MFD.jpg (404.02 KiB) Viewed 9698 times
Tucson 2
Hidden text.
Tucson 2.jpg
Tucson 2.jpg (393.35 KiB) Viewed 9705 times
RoseMorninStar

Post by RoseMorninStar »

Tucson 4
Hidden text.
TUCSON 4.j.jpeg
TUCSON 4.j.jpeg (787.48 KiB) Viewed 9695 times
Tucson 3
Hidden text.
Tucson 3.jpeg
Tucson 3.jpeg (854.3 KiB) Viewed 9695 times
Inanna
Meetu's little sister

Post by Inanna »

Oh my rose. Beautiful!

I would have them, Jude, from our national park trip around Nevada & Arizona. I managed to delete them, I think. :(
RoseMorninStar

Post by RoseMorninStar »

Inanna, I love to travel (and take photos!). I'm not much into clothing or jewelry or fancy cars.. but oh!! seeing new places! Tasting the food, meeting the people! The hardest thing about this stupid virus is having to curtail travel. When I was growing up we had a pop-up camper and we would road trip for 4-6 weeks at a time. As we've gotten older we've bumped it up a notch from the tenting days, although we still occasionally go camping, especially within the state.
Jude
Lán de Grás

Post by Jude »

Rose, can I use some of the Arizona ones?

And how do you want to be credited in the notes? By your HoF name?
RoseMorninStar

Post by RoseMorninStar »

Crediting doesn't really matter. I could look for more of a certain type of photo if you wish. I could also send them to you in an email or in another way so that the file size is not reduced.