Trump's America

The place for measured discourse about politics and current events, including developments in science and medicine.
Voronwë the Faithful
At the intersection of here and now

Re: Trump's America

Post by Voronwë the Faithful »

Better late than never! (And no, I don't expect that to actually happen, though I do think that his reelection chances have dropped significantly.)
"Spirits in the shape of hawks and eagles flew ever to and from his halls; and their eyes could see to the depths of the seas, and pierce the hidden caverns beneath the world."
Maria
Hobbit

Post by Maria »

You've got to wonder about insider trading before the travel ban announcement.
Dave_LF
Wrong within normal parameters

Post by Dave_LF »

Eh; where Trump and corruption are concerned, you never really need to wonder
RoseMorninStar

Post by RoseMorninStar »

My heart is forever in the Shire.
elengil
Cat-egorical Herbitual Creativi-Tea

Post by elengil »

Rose, could have sworn I posed that article as well but now I can't find it so I must have spaced on it.

But: totally not surprised in the slightest. I simply continue to be surprised that people still support him despite the glaringly self-beneficial decisions he makes.
The dumbest thing I've ever bought
was a 2020 planner.

"Does anyone ever think about Denethor, the guy driven to madness by staying up late into the night alone in the dark staring at a flickering device he believed revealed unvarnished truth about the outside word, but which in fact showed mostly manipulated media created by a hostile power committed to portraying nothing but bad news framed in the worst possible way in order to sap hope, courage, and the will to go on? Seems like he's someone we should think about." - Dave_LF
RoseMorninStar

Post by RoseMorninStar »

The stupid.. the self-serving/self-preserving narcissism .. it burns, doesn't it? One can't help but think it's a wake-up call for at least some people. That the Federal agencies have been gutted of competent, knowledgeable, & experienced people in areas which handle national emergencies due to Trumps personal 'deep state' paranoia is a real danger to the health, well-being, and economy of our country.
Voronwë the Faithful

Grisham out as West Wing press secretary without having held a briefing

Kayleigh McEnany, the reported replacement, will be fourth press secretary in Trump's first term. Though the name of the role could probably be changed to "Fox News Liaison".
"Spirits in the shape of hawks and eagles flew ever to and from his halls; and their eyes could see to the depths of the seas, and pierce the hidden caverns beneath the world."
RoseMorninStar

Post by RoseMorninStar »

It's about time someone did this. More people should put on their big boy/girl pants & call Trump out on his horrid, childish, behavior. I'm looking at YOU congresspersons. :nono:

Jedediah Bila from Fox & Friends tweets after (yet another) peevish Trump tweet targeting Chris Wallace:
Enough with the 3rd grade name-calling. Chris is doing his job. The news should not be any president’s friend, ally, or buddy. If it bothered you when Obama complained about Fox News, but you’re silent on this complete nonsense, then just stop. Seriously. Enough.
RoseMorninStar

Post by RoseMorninStar »

Not sure what thread to put this in.. COVID? Election? Oh.. I'll put it here. Trump Thinks he is a King
elengil

Post by elengil »

RoseMorninStar wrote:Not sure what thread to put this in.. COVID? Election? Oh.. I'll put it here. Trump Thinks he is a King
I mean... at this point, is this even news? We've pretty much known this for 3 1/2 years now.
was a 2020 planner.

"Does anyone ever think about Denethor, the guy driven to madness by staying up late into the night alone in the dark staring at a flickering device he believed revealed unvarnished truth about the outside word, but which in fact showed mostly manipulated media created by a hostile power committed to portraying nothing but bad news framed in the worst possible way in order to sap hope, courage, and the will to go on? Seems like he's someone we should think about." - Dave_LF
RoseMorninStar

Post by RoseMorninStar »

Did you watch the ad? It was supposed to air on FOX news this morning. I bet that's going to make Trump's head explode.
elengil

Post by elengil »

If I had been in that press conference I would have asked if Obama's authority as president had also been total, or if this was a new special power just for Trump.
was a 2020 planner.

RoseMorninStar

Post by RoseMorninStar »

I would think a great many people were thinking that very thing.
Voronwë the Faithful

Republicans for the Rule of Law have been dropping anti-Trump advertisements on Fox News for the past year or more, some stronger than this one. It hasn't seemed to have made much impact, to the best of my knowledge.
RoseMorninStar

Post by RoseMorninStar »

I guess that shows you how much I watch FOX news (never) except maybe clips on The Daily Show or Colbert....
Voronwë the Faithful

I don't believe I have ever actually watched Fox News (other than clips played elsewhere, as you say), but I've seen repeated reports of the ads by Republicans for the Rule of Law, particularly during the impeachment process when they ran repeated ads on both Fox and other outlets demanding that Republican members of the House and Senators "demand the facts" about Mr. Trump and Ukraine.
RoseMorninStar

Post by RoseMorninStar »

It's good to know that some do not follow blindly although I wish groups such as Republicans for the Rule of Law had more of an effect. That said, this is not the first narcissist I've seen people lose all good reason over and I shouldn't be surprised, yet, I am.
elengil

Post by elengil »

was a 2020 planner.

yovargas
I miss Prim ...

Post by yovargas »

Holy shit.

That was brutal. That could start something very ugly.
I wanna love somebody but I don't know how
I wanna throw my body in the river and drown
-The Decemberists

Dave_LF
Wrong within normal parameters

Post by Dave_LF »

I'm not watching a Fox News video. Can someone summarize?