Les Miserables - The Movie of the Musical

Discussion of performing arts, including theatre, film, television, and music.
Alatar
of Vinyamar

Les Miserables - The Movie of the Musical

Post by Alatar »

This is giving my Musical Geekness and much of a thrill as The Hobbit is giving my Fantasy Geekness!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STv2Z0AB ... ata_player
The Vinyamars on Stage! This time at Bag End
JewelSong
Just Keep Singin'

Post by JewelSong »

This looks amazing! :D
"Live! Live! Live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death!" - Auntie Mame

River
bioalchemist

Post by River »

1) I'm really tired of campaign ads I can't skip over on YouTube. Nov. 6 can't come soon enough.

2) Why's all the good stuff coming out around Xmas??? :bawling:
When you can do nothing what can you do?
N.E. Brigand

Post by N.E. Brigand »

I've never seen the stage show, but I know much of the music from various band and corps versions (above all the Cadets of Bergen County in 1989). When my college marching band played selections from Les Mis, I wrote the script for the press box announcer. It never occurred to me to include pronounciation notes -- so "Jean Valjean" came out as "Gene Valgene".

(Another time I had to explain repeatedly that no, the 1812 Overture was not connected to the U.S.-U.K. War of 1812.)
Voronwë the Faithful
At the intersection of here and now

Post by Voronwë the Faithful »

N.E. Brigand wrote:.When my college marching band played selections from Les Mis, I wrote the script for the press box announcer. It never occurred to me to include pronounciation notes -- so "Jean Valjean" came out as "Gene Valgene".
:rofl:
"Spirits in the shape of hawks and eagles flew ever to and from his halls; and their eyes could see to the depths of the seas, and pierce the hidden caverns beneath the world."
Aravar

Post by Aravar »

A friend of mine was going to be an extra in it: they were filming in Portsmouth Dockyard, but he changed his mind.