America and Israel

The place for measured discourse about politics and current events, including developments in science and medicine.
vison
Best friends forever

Post by vison »

It's always fruitless to harp on the past. But had there been good will instead of foolish homicidal hatred of Israel from its neighbours, history would be very different.

I feel compassion for the plight of the Palestinians. But their co-religionists, their co-whatevers, in the region have used them as a stick to thump Israel with since 1948.

Israel is not going to go away. Everyone in the region is going to have to learn to accept that and work toward peace.

As long as there is a "side", I'm on Israel's side. If we were to weigh "right" against "wrong" on a scale, Israel's share of "right" would weigh considerably heavier.
Dig deeper.
superwizard
Ingólemo

Post by superwizard »

vison wrote:It's always fruitless to harp on the past.
Agreed.

I have seen both sides of the spectrum argue about who was right 50 years ago. This isn't about 50 years ago though its about what's going on right now.
Israel is not going to go away. Everyone in the region is going to have to learn to accept that and work toward peace.
Well in the Arab states defense there has been some improvements. I mean in 2002 the Arab League proposed to recognize Israel and to enter into a peace agreement with it if it withdrew from certain territories. In my world that's definitely a good sign.

I do think that Israel and the West need to work harder on trying to make a state for the Palestinians...
vison
Best friends forever

Post by vison »

Israel and the West? Certainly. But what about the other states in the region? Do they have no interest in this?
Dig deeper.