A question for Creationists

For discussion of philosophy, religion, spirituality, or any topic that posters wish to approach from a spiritual or religious perspective.
yovargas
I miss Prim ...

Post by yovargas »

Cenedril_Gildinaur wrote::woohoo:
Yeah, that's about the reaction I have when Anthy greets me too. :D
I wanna love somebody but I don't know how
I wanna throw my body in the river and drown
-The Decemberists

Voronwë the Faithful
At the intersection of here and now

Post by Voronwë the Faithful »

I feel the same way, Yov. But there are lots of other good people here that I feel that way about, as well. I'm sure that Anth would be the first person to want to acknowledge that.
"Spirits in the shape of hawks and eagles flew ever to and from his halls; and their eyes could see to the depths of the seas, and pierce the hidden caverns beneath the world."
Cenedril_Gildinaur

Post by Cenedril_Gildinaur »

Hi Yovi!

:hooray:
"If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."
-- Samuel Adams
Maria
Hobbit

Post by Maria »

C_G wrote:It would be difficult for a new abiogensis event to happen today, with or without oxygen. More firmly established life would eat it.
Not if it was a completely alien biochemistry. It wouldn't register as food----maybe.
Primula Baggins
Living in hope

Post by Primula Baggins »

It would have to be able to eat and metabolize what's freely available on Earth. So chances are we (humans and animals) would be able to eat it. It might poison us, but the critter would still be dead.
“There, peeping among the cloud-wrack above a dark tor high up in the mountains, Sam saw a white star twinkle for a while. The beauty of it smote his heart, as he looked up out of the forsaken land, and hope returned to him. For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King