Prayer Thread

For discussion of philosophy, religion, spirituality, or any topic that posters wish to approach from a spiritual or religious perspective.
Voronwë the Faithful
At the intersection of here and now

Re: Prayer Thread

Post by Voronwë the Faithful »

How horrible! I will send all the healing energy that I can muster.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
"Spirits in the shape of hawks and eagles flew ever to and from his halls; and their eyes could see to the depths of the seas, and pierce the hidden caverns beneath the world."
Primula Baggins
Living in hope

Post by Primula Baggins »

Jewel, that's terrible news! I will keep her (and you) in my prayers.
“There, peeping among the cloud-wrack above a dark tor high up in the mountains, Sam saw a white star twinkle for a while. The beauty of it smote his heart, as he looked up out of the forsaken land, and hope returned to him. For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King
Inanna
Meetu's little sister

Post by Inanna »

That is so awful. Sending all my positive thoughts to your friend.
'You just said "your getting shorter": you've obviously been drinking too much ent-draught and not enough Prim's.' - Jude
Frelga
Meanwhile...

Post by Frelga »

Scary how things can go from fine to awful in a second. Sending all the healing thoughts to your friend.
If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.

Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!
Impenitent
Throw me a rope.

Post by Impenitent »

Healing, hope-full energy to your friend and to you, dear Jewel.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk
Mornings wouldn't suck so badly if they came later in the day.
JewelSong
Just Keep Singin'

Post by JewelSong »

Thanks everyone. Her daughter wrote a more detailed email today. They removed part of her skull to help relieve the swelling on her brain, which is the biggest concern right now. The next few days will be critical. She is responding to light and stimuli, but there is no any of knowing what the outcome will be. But, where there's life, there's hope! Your continued prayers are most welcome.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
"Live! Live! Live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death!" - Auntie Mame

Primula Baggins
Living in hope

And most definitely given. I am so sorry. Hoping and praying for good news. :pray:
“There, peeping among the cloud-wrack above a dark tor high up in the mountains, Sam saw a white star twinkle for a while. The beauty of it smote his heart, as he looked up out of the forsaken land, and hope returned to him. For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach.”
Lalaith
Lali Beag Bídeach

Post by Lalaith »

Yes, I'm continuing to pray, too.
anthriel
halo optional

Post by anthriel »

Prayers and hugs for you and your friend, Jewel.
"What do you fear, lady?" Aragorn asked.
"A cage," Éowyn said. "To stay behind bars, until use and old age accept them, and all chance of doing great deeds is gone beyond recall or desire.”
Teremia
Reads while walking

Post by Teremia »

Jewel, I just saw this, and will be praying for your friend and for you. Holding you both in the Light!
:hug:
“Wilbur never forgot Charlotte. Although he loved her children and grandchildren dearly, none of the new spiders ever quite took her place in his heart. She was in a class by herself. It is not often that someone comes along who is a true friend and a good writer. Charlotte was both.” E. B. White, who must have had vison in mind. There's a reason why we kept putting the extra i in her name in our minds!
JewelSong
Just Keep Singin'

Post by JewelSong »

Thank you all. Things are not looking too good...brain function seems to be deteriorating and her daughters may have to make some very difficult decisions soon. I am just devastated. Continued prayers for all are very welcome. :(

"Live! Live! Live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death!" - Auntie Mame

Primula Baggins
Living in hope

Oh, Jewel. I am so sorry. :hug:
Lalaith
Lali Beag Bídeach

Post by Lalaith »

Oh. :( That is so sad. I will keep praying; I know these things can turn around sometimes.
Voronwë the Faithful

"Spirits in the shape of hawks and eagles flew ever to and from his halls; and their eyes could see to the depths of the seas, and pierce the hidden caverns beneath the world."
Maria
Hobbit

Post by Maria »

I'm so sorry, Jewel. :hug:
JewelSong
Just Keep Singin'

Post by JewelSong »

Thanks, everyone, Barbara passed away yesterday evening, a few hours after her daughters made the difficult to decision to remove life support. Her injuries were just too severe for recovery; she never woke up from her coma. Her family was with her the whole time and she did not suffer. I will miss her perky personality and good-hearted nature very much, but I am glad to have known her and called her friend.

yovargas
I miss Prim ...

Post by yovargas »

I wanna love somebody but I don't know how
I wanna throw my body in the river and drown
-The Decemberists

Voronwë the Faithful

I'm so sorry, Jewel. :hug:
Dave_LF
Wrong within normal parameters

Post by Dave_LF »

That sucks. :|
Lalaith
Lali Beag Bídeach

Post by Lalaith »

Dammit. I'm so sorry, Jewel. :(