Prayer Thread

For discussion of philosophy, religion, spirituality, or any topic that posters wish to approach from a spiritual or religious perspective.
Voronwë the Faithful
At the intersection of here and now

Post by Voronwë the Faithful »

That's horrible, Rebecca. 24? I will definitely send whatever positive energy that I can.

:hug:
"Spirits in the shape of hawks and eagles flew ever to and from his halls; and their eyes could see to the depths of the seas, and pierce the hidden caverns beneath the world."
Primula Baggins
Living in hope

Post by Primula Baggins »

She's in my prayers, Rebecca. That's just terrible. But there's much more hope than there used to be for that type of cancer.
“There, peeping among the cloud-wrack above a dark tor high up in the mountains, Sam saw a white star twinkle for a while. The beauty of it smote his heart, as he looked up out of the forsaken land, and hope returned to him. For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King
Lalaith
Lali Beag Bídeach

Post by Lalaith »

That is good to hear, Prim.

I will pray for her, Rebecca. That is such a blow. :(
anthriel
halo optional

Post by anthriel »

My friend Tina is finished with her brain tumor radiation! Thank you so much for all your prayers. :love:

She seems to be fine, although quite tired. She also said that radiation to the brain "makes you think some weird a** thoughts". :P

I'll bet.
"What do you fear, lady?" Aragorn asked.
"A cage," Éowyn said. "To stay behind bars, until use and old age accept them, and all chance of doing great deeds is gone beyond recall or desire.”
Lalaith
Lali Beag Bídeach

Post by Lalaith »

I'm so glad for her that she's done! :)
anthriel
halo optional

Post by anthriel »

She started back to work last Monday. :) She's a schoolteacher, and a passionate one, at that. She really wanted to get back to work.

Unfortunately, she had another seizure at school on Thursday. I am so concerned for her! She had another MRI because of the seizure, and her tumor didn't shrink at all. 6 weeks of radiation, and no change.

I am beyond freaked, really. Please pray for my friend!
"A cage," Éowyn said. "To stay behind bars, until use and old age accept them, and all chance of doing great deeds is gone beyond recall or desire.”
Lalaith
Lali Beag Bídeach

Post by Lalaith »

:hug: I'm sorry, anthy. :( I will keep praying for her.
WampusCat
Creature of the night

Post by WampusCat »

I will pray for her.
Take my hand, my friend. We are here to walk one another home.

Avatar from Fractal_OpenArtGroup
Primula Baggins
Living in hope

I will, too. I am so sorry. :(
“There, peeping among the cloud-wrack above a dark tor high up in the mountains, Sam saw a white star twinkle for a while. The beauty of it smote his heart, as he looked up out of the forsaken land, and hope returned to him. For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach.”
Impenitent
Throw me a rope.

Post by Impenitent »

Please send loving and healing thoughts to our friend Alex.

He has suffered rheumatoid arthritis since he was 18, and the constant steroid use required to treat it has compromised his kidneys and vascular system (the rheumatoid arthritis did that, too). This led to a quintuple heart bypass in December last year, type II diabetes, a stent in his femoral artery, and now, he has double pneumonia which is not responding to medication.

He's in ICU, sedated and intubated, and the doctors don't think he will recover.

He has two little girls, and a wonderful wife - one of my oldest and closest friends. I will be spending the day in the hospital with her today. I'm not allowed in ICU, but I don't want her to be alone if the worst happens.
Mornings wouldn't suck so badly if they came later in the day.
Lalaith
Lali Beag Bídeach

Post by Lalaith »

Oh, Impy. :hug: That is so sad. :(

I will think of him and pray.
Primula Baggins
Living in hope

I'm so sorry, Impy. :hug:
anthriel
halo optional

Post by anthriel »

Oh, Imp. :hug:
Frelga
Meanwhile...

Post by Frelga »

That's terribly hard. You are such a good friend, Impish. I will be thinking of you. :hug:
If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.

Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!
WampusCat
Creature of the night

Post by WampusCat »

I'm glad you can be there with her, Impy. That matters so much.
Take my hand, my friend. We are here to walk one another home.

Avatar from Fractal_OpenArtGroup
JewelSong
Just Keep Singin'

Post by JewelSong »

Most of you know that my youngest son, Luke, has had his share of challenges. He has Asperger's Syndrome, a kind of autism, and has always struggled with social relationships and controlling his temper.

But now...things are going well for him. He has a job, a car and for the last 8 months, a steady girl. Who is at least as "Aspie" as he is! And they are thinking about getting engaged. He wants to go back to school (he has an Associates degree now) and she is looking for a decent job.

I am SO hopeful for these two young people...please join my prayer that things continue to go well and that their obstacles are overcome.

:D
"Live! Live! Live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death!" - Auntie Mame

Lalaith
Lali Beag Bídeach

Post by Lalaith »

I will pray for them! :) That is very encouraging.
Frelga
Meanwhile...

Post by Frelga »

I hope it all goes from good to better. :hug:

Has anyone heard from Prim lately? I've been thinking about her a lot.
If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.

Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!
JewelSong
Just Keep Singin'

Re: Prayer Thread

Post by JewelSong »

Prayers, please for my dear friend and hiking/travel companion Barbara. She is in the trauma unit at Beth Israel hospital in Boston, after being hit by a car while crossing the street. She is in a coma, after surgery to relieve the pressure on her brain. Her condition is currently critical, but stable.

I am just in shock; she is such a vital, energetic and positive-living person.

(Nobody's used this thread since 2013! Wow!)
"Live! Live! Live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death!" - Auntie Mame

Lalaith
Lali Beag Bídeach

Re: Prayer Thread

Post by Lalaith »

That's terrible, Jewel! I will pray for her!