The Rivendell Weta Environment

Seeking knowledge in, of, and about Middle-earth.
Alatar
of Vinyamar

The Rivendell Weta Environment

Post by Alatar »

Weta’s Rivendell Environment Pre-Order Open Now! 300 Piece Limited Run

May 18th, 2011 by elessar | Source: 0 Comments and 13 Reactions

All right ringers, I told you a couple weeks ago, when profiling Weta Workshop, that the most impressive environment was going to be justaround the corner. Well, we’ve rounded the corner, and Rivendell is ready to be pre-ordered. If there was ever a must have environment this would be it!

Rivendell, the home of Elrond Half-Elven was found in 1697 of the second age where all the light of Middle Earth could go to have counsel during the darkness brought on by Sauron. Many of the most important characters of both The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings would take refuge here to rest their weary minds and bodies. Then in 2001 Sir Peter Jackson and the amazing crew at Weta brought this critical place in Middle Earth to life. Follow the break for more images and details!

In order for the talented artists at Weta Workshop to bring this massive place from the big screen to your collection room has been a daunting task. It took a crew of 14 artists 1,200 hours creating and going over this piece with a fine tooth comb to make sure the splendor on screen translated into a collectible. By doing this, they’ve made sure Rivendell was going to be the biggest and most detailed environment that Weta has produced.

As I said already this piece took 1,200 hours to produce and attention to detail is truly amazing. Let’s look again just how much they’ve packed into Rivendell: This piece includes 6 bridges and suspended walkways, 9 towers and turrets, 16 larger columns holding up suspended walkways, 75 trees, 94 pillars of about 3/8 in (9mm), 283 shrubs, 963 steps spread over about 80 individual staircases, and 2,350 individual bricks. If that were not enough detail for you if Rivendell had individual tiles on its roofs they would add up to 24,000 tiles. That my fellow collectors is crazy!!

Now, Rivendell will also have pretty good size footprint in your collection coming in at 18” wide. Imladris will also have a price set at $399 and have an overall open edition size. However, for the first 300 collectors who order this piece they will receive a numbered edition and include what should be an equally amazing art print. Rivendell will be shipping in the fourth quarter from Weta’s warehouses located in the US, UK, and NZ. So before this piece sails off into the west get your order in now!! [Pre-Order]

Update: The product page for Rivendell has been updated with a fantastic 360 degree video showing off this environment. Do take time to check it out after placing your order.

Large version of Pic
The Vinyamars on Stage! This time at Bag End
Elentári

Post by Elentári »

Just gorgeous! :love: I so want this...guess I'd better start saving! :help:

Here's a link to the Weta website, where you can view a 360 degree video
There is magic in long-distance friendships. They let you relate to other human beings in a way that goes beyond being physically together and is often more profound.
~Diana Cortes