To Whom it may concern...

Seeking knowledge in, of, and about Middle-earth.
Alatar
of Vinyamar

To Whom it may concern...

Post by Alatar »

I got this from the UK Tolkien site today.
Dear Tolkien Reader,

Thank you for using the official Tolkien website from HarperCollins. Since the release of The Children of Húrin in April 2007 the site has had nearly a million visitors, and has enabled us to bring the unique deluxe edition of the book to the public last December. Now however we want to go further and give you more.

In November we will be launching a new Tolkien store which will sell all of the Tolkien books published by HarperCollins, plus an ongoing series of unique new collectors editions.

We will be launching with an exclusive 500 copy set of a £60 deluxe edition of the new Tales from a Perilous Realm, signed by Alan Lee, which we will release further details about in the next week.

We will also be making our incredible 500 copy signed edition of The Children of Húrin available to American readers for the first time. Again - more details to follow in the next week.

I'm very interested in the Deluxe edition of Tales from the Perilous Realm, as its one of the few Tolkien books I don't own in any form. This sounds like a lovely presentation. Naturally, if anyone would like me to order and send to the US, I'm more than happy to do so.
The Vinyamars on Stage! This time at Bag End
Padme
Daydream Believer.

Post by Padme »

I might be interested.... :)
From the ashes, a fire shall be woken. A light from the shadow shall spring. Renewed shall be blade that was broken. The crownless again shall be king.

Loving living in the Pacific Northwest.
Frelga
Meanwhile...

Post by Frelga »

That's so kind of you to offer! I might be interested, depending on the price.
If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.

Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!
Alatar
of Vinyamar

Post by Alatar »

Well, its £60 Sterling, so thats roughly $100, plus shipping. I'll post more details when I get them.
Old_Tom_Bombadil
friend to badgers – namer of ponies

Post by Old_Tom_Bombadil »

We will be launching with an exclusive 500 copy set of a £60 deluxe edition of the new Tales from a Perilous Realm, signed by Alan Lee, which we will release further details about in the next week.
Signed by Alan Lee, yes, but is it illustrated by Alan Lee? I've been at two booksignings by Mr. Lee--I had him autograph his sketchbook at one and his illustrated edition of The Hobbit at another--so I'm not especially desirous of another signature. $100 is a bit more than I want to pay for a book.

Thanks for the FYI, Alatar. :)
Alatar
of Vinyamar

Post by Alatar »

Well, I can't imagine he'd be signing it if he hasn't illustrated it, but I suppose its possible!
Tyrhael

Post by Tyrhael »

Voronwë the Faithful
At the intersection of here and now

Post by Voronwë the Faithful »

Thanks for the link, Tyr!
"Spirits in the shape of hawks and eagles flew ever to and from his halls; and their eyes could see to the depths of the seas, and pierce the hidden caverns beneath the world."
Old_Tom_Bombadil
friend to badgers – namer of ponies

Post by Old_Tom_Bombadil »

From Tyrhael's link:
This new collection is fully illustrated throughout by Oscar-winning artist, Alan Lee, who provides a wealth of pencil drawings to bring the stories to life as he did so memorably for The Hobbit and The Children of Húrin. Alan also provides an Afterword, in which he opens the door into illustrating Tolkien's world.
--and as an added bonus--
I am very pleased to announce that it will now also include a special introduction written by the world-renowned Tolkien scholar and writer, Tom Shippey. World-renowned Tolkien author and expert, Tom Shippey, takes the reader through the hidden links in the tales to Tolkien's Middle-earth in his Introduction, and recounts their history and themes.