Frodo Franchise big sale

Seeking knowledge in, of, and about Middle-earth.
sauronsfinger

Frodo Franchise big sale

Post by sauronsfinger »

Kristin Thompson wrote a book called THE FRODO FRANCHISE all about the business end of the LOTR films. It was not easy to obtain since most of the big chain stores did not carry it. Price was over $25 US dollars.
Now her website has announced a sale
I just received word that the hardcover edition of The Frodo Franchise is on sale at the University of California Press’s website. You can get it there (the price isn’t available from other sources) for $6.95. The sale lasts through October 31. You’ll need to enter a sale code, which is 09M5306. (I think those 0s are numerals, but if the code doesn’t work, try ‘em as letters.)
I found the book quite informative.
There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers
Alatar
of Vinyamar

Post by Alatar »

Damn.

*Sale price is not available for customers in Europe, India, Africa, and the Middle East.

Anyone want to pick it up for me? I'll pay all shipping costs.
The Vinyamars on Stage! This time at Bag End
solicitr

Post by solicitr »

I'll do it, Alatar. Just PM me your address
Alatar
of Vinyamar

Post by Alatar »

Thanks Soli, on the way.
The Vinyamars on Stage! This time at Bag End