Hobbit dollhouse

Seeking knowledge in, of, and about Middle-earth.
Maria
Hobbit

Hobbit dollhouse

Post by Maria »

I just happened to run across this, and it's an amazingly detailed, tiny Bag End. :)

http://obeliamedusa.livejournal.com/201768.html#cutid1

Wow!
kams

Post by kams »

FANTASTIC! What a great job! :bow:

I like the needlepointed rug in the bathroom. Looks homemade.
WampusCat
Creature of the night

Post by WampusCat »

Wow. I want to live there.
Take my hand, my friend. We are here to walk one another home.

Avatar from Fractal_OpenArtGroup
Primula Baggins
Living in hope

Post by Primula Baggins »

I love this. This is precisely the hobby that would eat my life if I had infinite free time. Accurate miniature things just make me go all squoogly inside, and LotR things! Wow! And then lighting them and taking pictures!

I also completely share her obsession with the coolness of the miniature food.
“There, peeping among the cloud-wrack above a dark tor high up in the mountains, Sam saw a white star twinkle for a while. The beauty of it smote his heart, as he looked up out of the forsaken land, and hope returned to him. For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King
Rowanberry
Bregalad's Lost Entwife

Post by Rowanberry »

Wish I had the patience to do something similar. 8)
See the world as your self.
Have faith in the way things are.
Love the world as your self;
then you can care for all things.
~ Lao Tzu
Maria
Hobbit

Post by Maria »

:D
I was reading her "how I did it" page, http://community.livejournal.com/little ... 30571.html and saw a link to where she's got her characters inside doing stuff, with the place decorated for Christmas. :) http://obeliamedusa.livejournal.com/314108.html

It's really cute.
WampusCat
Creature of the night

Post by WampusCat »

"What's this? A ranger, baking a pie?"

:rofl:

Primula Baggins
Living in hope

I, too, hope he washed up a little before rolling out the crust.
“There, peeping among the cloud-wrack above a dark tor high up in the mountains, Sam saw a white star twinkle for a while. The beauty of it smote his heart, as he looked up out of the forsaken land, and hope returned to him. For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach.”
kams

Post by kams »

Primula Baggins wrote:squoogly
Neat. I learned a new word today! :D
Primula Baggins
Living in hope

You do realize I made it up, right? :D
bigmcstrongmuscle

Post by bigmcstrongmuscle »

Those are the best kinds of new words - you can get in on them right from the start! :)
But to the wizard's eye there was a faint change, just a hint as it were of transparency, about him, and espeically about the left hand that lay outside upon the coverlet.
'Still that must be expected,' said Gandalf to himself. 'He is not half through yet, and to what we come in the end not even Elrond can foretell. Not to evil, I think. He may become like a glass filled with a clear light for eyes to see that can.'
kams

Post by kams »

ALL new words are "made up," by definition!

wait, was that a pun?
narya
chocolate bearer
Location: Wishing I could be beachcombing, or hiking, or dragon boating

Post by narya »

Actually, at least 38 other people made it up before you, and posted it on the web, according to Google. :D
In the midst of winter, I found there was, within me, an invincible summer. ~ Albert Camus
Primula Baggins
Living in hope

Well, it's not as if it isn't sort of an inevitable word. :D

I think it comes from reading high school theater programs for the past two years where my son is thanking his Oogie Snoogums Wuggly-ums for all her love and support, and last year when she was still here she was thanking him back in similar terms.
ToshoftheWuffingas

Post by ToshoftheWuffingas »

Why is there than, then and thin but no thon and thun?
kams

Post by kams »

Why is there than, then and thin but no thon and thun?
This is starting to sound like the naming of dwarves in The Hobbit! :D

narya, you won't find mizzleborf on Google! I made it up in my teens to describe my teen feelings of hope and dread at the same time. It was done with much angst and no philology. ;)

Back to the forgotten dollhouse, I went through the link on the yuletide festivities. The details! :shock: I sw00n. Then I clicked on the pottery link at the bottom to find Chia Peds! You've gotta see this.
Chia Peds
WampusCat
Creature of the night

Post by WampusCat »

Hope and dread? So pre-FOTR TORC was mizzleborfed? Or did mizzleborf fill its threads?

Inquiring minds need to know.

Maria
Hobbit

Post by Maria »

I don't see anything called chia peds on the page you linked to kams. There are some neat glazed pottery balls, though. My youngest daughter is in a pottery class right now. I wonder if she'd make me one? :)
kams

Post by kams »

Look for the pic of Dominic Monaghan near the upper right. It will take you to the bottom of the page. Alternatively, scrooooolll down to the bottom (past the balls, the cups and the Tengwar Inscriptions). Unfortunately, she is sold out.

WampusCat - No, no, no, not that kind of hope and dread. The mixed-up-together kind. I'm not sure how to describe it (hence the need for its own name). Picture a possibly-too-thoughful teen in her room musing about life. Everything - life - is before her. What should she do? How to fully realize the gifts she's been given, the opportunities ahead? How to live up to the expectations she or others may have? How does one live life FULLY? She's imagining travels and accomplishments and then shivers when realizing she doesn't know how to realize them. Half-thoughts and sentences are swirling around.

I remember distinctly needing to name it.
WampusCat
Creature of the night

Post by WampusCat »

So you would say that young kams was overcome by mizzleborf?

Or that life mizzleborfed kams?