Arda Reconstructed to be published

Seeking knowledge in, of, and about Middle-earth.
Jnyusa

Post by Jnyusa »

What was I thinking! Gloves of course!

Jn
A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell.
Voronwë the Faithful
At the intersection of here and now

Post by Voronwë the Faithful »

I thought I would mention this here in this thread, as well.

According to my publisher, the book should be released within the next two weeks (contrary to the information still contained on Amazon).

For ordering information, see:

Arda Reconstructed at Amazon.com

Arda Reconstructed at Amazon.co.uk

You may notice the extreme discrepancy between the two listed prices. I don't think either is correct (I think it will actually be in between), but I think that if one pre-orders at Amazon and the price goes up they have to give it to you at the lower price, and if the price goes down, they give it to you at that lower price.

Whether Amazon will actually be shipping within the next two weeks, I don't know. I assume so, since my publisher says it will be released then, but I can't say for sure.
"Spirits in the shape of hawks and eagles flew ever to and from his halls; and their eyes could see to the depths of the seas, and pierce the hidden caverns beneath the world."
rwhen

Post by rwhen »

I GOT MY COPY!!! I GOT MY COPY!!!!

Vornowë, the cover is visually stunning. The deep blue and your eye goes right to the elvish and excellent illustration.

Breogan did SUCH a exquisite job on all the illustrations. The typeset and your charts are easy to read and understand.

I can't wait to get reading on it when I get home from work today. I HAD to drop in here and let you know that I am so thrilled for all of us who will get to enjoy the book and have you to thank for all your hard efforts to bring it to life.

Well done, be so very proud, I am so very proud of you.

:hug:

I will report back as I get into the reading of the book.

I hope everyone will get this from Amazon. SO worth having. :D
Elmtree

Post by Elmtree »

I just got my copy. It looks beautiful. :) I was so excited... I called my daughter Annie (who posted on TORC as "Willow" years ago... she's all grown up now) and told her about it, and now she's excited (she comes home in two weeks and she'll grab it from me).
-Elm
Voronwë the Faithful

That's wonderful, Elm! I'm thrilled that you got a copy. It is beautiful, isn't it? I am so blessed to have had the opportunity to have worked with two such talented artists as Breogan and Whistler.

I look forward to hearing more of what you think of it. Post a review in the open forum if you get a chance. And get Annie to do so, too!
"Spirits in the shape of hawks and eagles flew ever to and from his halls; and their eyes could see to the depths of the seas, and pierce the hidden caverns beneath the world."
Voronwë the Faithful

Two good pieces of news on this front.

First, Google is now selling a fully searchable e-book version of Arda Reconstructed.

See Arda reconstructed: the creation of the published Silmarillion (Google eBook)

And, for those who have been hoping for a more affordable version, I've just gotten word that the publisher has agreed to publish a new paperback edition, next year. Details to come when I have them.
Alatar
of Vinyamar

Post by Alatar »

Cool news V! On both fronts.
The Vinyamars on Stage! This time at Bag End
Primula Baggins
Living in hope

Post by Primula Baggins »

Ooo, I didn't think of the advantage of searchability! That would make the book even more useful.

I was going to ask if you'd gotten one free, but then realized that you've had one all along; it's called a manuscript. :oops:
“There, peeping among the cloud-wrack above a dark tor high up in the mountains, Sam saw a white star twinkle for a while. The beauty of it smote his heart, as he looked up out of the forsaken land, and hope returned to him. For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King