Arda Reconstructed to be published

Seeking knowledge in, of, and about Middle-earth.
eborr

Post by eborr »

splendid - what's the world coming to - a book about Tolkien's writing written by someone who know's something about it.
Voronwë the Faithful
At the intersection of here and now

Post by Voronwë the Faithful »

:)
"Spirits in the shape of hawks and eagles flew ever to and from his halls; and their eyes could see to the depths of the seas, and pierce the hidden caverns beneath the world."
Old_Tom_Bombadil
friend to badgers – namer of ponies

Post by Old_Tom_Bombadil »

Congratulations, V. It's good to see your hard work and dilegence--not to mention your excellent scholarship--are being rewarded. :)
Primula Baggins
Living in hope

Post by Primula Baggins »

It's good to see you here again, Old_Tom! :wave:
“There, peeping among the cloud-wrack above a dark tor high up in the mountains, Sam saw a white star twinkle for a while. The beauty of it smote his heart, as he looked up out of the forsaken land, and hope returned to him. For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King
Voronwë the Faithful

Thanks Tom! And as Prim says, it's good to see you here. It's been too long.
"Spirits in the shape of hawks and eagles flew ever to and from his halls; and their eyes could see to the depths of the seas, and pierce the hidden caverns beneath the world."
ToshoftheWuffingas

Post by ToshoftheWuffingas »

Well done Mr V. You have put a lot of time and a lot of yourself into this. Good luck with it.
A friend of mine once said that you should always try and make your hobbies pay.
superwizard
Ingólemo

Post by superwizard »

Oh Wow I was so thrilled when I saw the title of this thread!!!! I'm so so amazingly thrilled for you V you truly did deserve it. I know I've been gone for a while now but to think I missed something as important as this!!! I don't really think I can express my joy in words so I'll stop now :D
Voronwë the Faithful

S'wiz, your enthusiasm and support really help carry me through this project. Thank you!
superwizard
Ingólemo

Post by superwizard »

Voronwë_the_Faithful wrote:S'wiz, your enthusiasm and support really help carry me through this project. Thank you!
No thank you V for sharing this great journey! :) I'm so happy yay!!!! :)
Primula Baggins
Living in hope

Post by Primula Baggins »

S'wiz, don't be such a stranger!
“There, peeping among the cloud-wrack above a dark tor high up in the mountains, Sam saw a white star twinkle for a while. The beauty of it smote his heart, as he looked up out of the forsaken land, and hope returned to him. For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King
superwizard
Ingólemo

Post by superwizard »

I'll try Prim I promise! :)

If only things were a bit calmer in the RL but alas right now my schedule looks like a tornado swept through it! I have come to accept that as my life for now though one yearns sometimes for more time to really unwind and relax...
theduffster

Post by theduffster »

Am I in it??

:D :shock: :bow:
Voronwë the Faithful

That'll be my next book: TORC Reconstructed. You will have a starring role I assure you. :P
Hachimitsu
Formerly Wilma

Post by Hachimitsu »

Oh my goodness!!!!! I can't believe it took me so long to look here!!! This amazing!!!!!! I am so happy for you Voronwë!!! :hooray: :hooray: :hooray: :hooray:

Definitely let us know when it comes out, I'll definitely be buying!!! :D
Voronwë the Faithful

Reactions like that really make all the hard work worthwhile. Thanks, Wilma. I will definitely be letting everyone know when it is available.
theduffster

Post by theduffster »

Voronwë_the_Faithful wrote:Reactions like that really make all the hard work worthwhile. Thanks, Wilma. I will definitely be letting everyone know when it is available.
That's just what I was coming to find out: when will it be available. I seriously cannot wait to get it, and am trying to figure out how to work the fact that I know the author into a casual conversation.

[future conversation]
coworker: how was your weekend?
Me: good, look at this book! I know the author! Seriously! Only I call him Voronwë_the_Faithful! Vorry for short! We post on the same forum online! Ha ha! I srsly no him. he is muh frend. he is so kewl!!11
[/future conversation]
Voronwë the Faithful

8)

:hug:
Jnyusa

Post by Jnyusa »

Voronwë,

What stunning news this was! And a very deserved reward for your scholarship. I can't wait to hold your book in my hands! :bow:

Jn
A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell.
Voronwë the Faithful

:)
vison
Best friends forever

Post by vison »

You're going to touch the book with your bare hands? :shock: Jeez, Jnyusa, at least wear those little white gloves the guyz on Antiques Roadshow wear!

It's teh Precious!!! :D

Seriously. I have already been going around bragging about knowing the author of The Hidden Worlds and now I can say I know YOU, Voronwë!!! This is more fun than I've had in years.

Since LOTR came out, I'd say. :D

Yes, yes. I intend to buy a "keeper" for myself and I have 2 scholarly friends who shall receive it for Christmas gifts.
Dig deeper.