It is currently Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:16 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 453 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:26 am 
Nibonto Aagun

There is no rush Alatar! :) I only thought that my last comment might have gone unnoticed...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 8:53 pm 
of Vinyamar

Ok, here's my first attempt. Sorry it took so long!

Standard Ebook Format - Epub
Kindle Format - Mobi

If you need a method to get this onto your device, use Calibre. Alternatively, for Kindles I think you can just email the file to your kindle using the built in address.

The other option would be to open the Dropbox link on your device and it should give you the option to "Open with..."

Hope you enjoy!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 7:21 am 

Looks good, Al - thank you so much for all your time and effort on this. :cheers: :hug:

Obviously the benefit of my original WORD document was that I had the dialogue and stage directions more clearly delineated, using different colours, and italicized font, but presumably it couldn't be automatically converted across to the other formats and it would have been so much work to do it manually (I know, since I had to do it for each post I made here!) so no worries.

I would just also like to make it clear that for a handful of scenes here and there where the inspiration came from another author's work of fanfiction, I did include a link to the original work when the scene was originally posted here. However, these links were not kept in my master script file that Alatar has used to create the e-reader version. I would have to check back through the relevant threads in this forum to locate the links - not a problem if anyone wishes me to do so.

Can I also recommend to those who aim to only read the e-reader versions that they might like to check out the Commentary thread, which hopefully goes some way towards explaining our approach to the screenplay, etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 11:55 am 
of Vinyamar

Elentári wrote:
Looks good, Al - thank you so much for all your time and effort on this. :cheers: :hug:

Obviously the benefit of my original WORD document was that I had the dialogue and stage directions more clearly delineated, using different colours, and italicized font, but presumably it couldn't be automatically converted across to the other formats and it would have been so much work to do it manually (I know, since I had to do it for each post I made here!) so no worries.

Actually those fonts and colours are carried over where supported. On my Kindle App on the iPad I see most colours and fonts. Try looking at the book here:

http://read.amazon.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 12:29 pm 

Oh right! (I had only viewed the Epub version on my laptop)...that's cool! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 10:43 pm 
of Vinyamar

Also, if you want the epub version to have distinctive fonts for the various descriptions etc, just let me know and I should be able to do a find/replace.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 12:04 am 
Feeling grateful

That's awesome, Al. Thank you for doing that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 6:37 am 

Alatar wrote:
Also, if you want the epub version to have distinctive fonts for the various descriptions etc, just let me know and I should be able to do a find/replace.

Well, it would be nice if they both could look the same, but I don't want to give you a load of extra work....if it's a quick fix, then yes, please!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 4:09 pm 
of Vinyamar

I'm not sure how difficult it will be yet. If I have to do it in Word, then thats a lot of work, but if I can edit the Epub original, it will be easier. Let me check it out. Do you have any preferences for formatting or fonts?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 10:02 pm 

Not really...as long as the dialogue contrasts easily with the stage directions!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 7:58 am 
of Vinyamar

I could just use italics for the Stage directions?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 12:36 pm 

That would be a help...

(Guess I could have spaced things better, in terms of layout, but I thought the contrasting font colour would work well enough.)

BTW, the cover image we used (with permission) is by the artist Franziska Wenzel and it's called The Fate of the Silmarils

http://toradh.deviantart.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 1:36 am 
Nibonto Aagun

Alatar wrote:
Ok,
here's my first attempt. Sorry it took so long!

Standard
Ebook Format - Epub

Kindle
Format - Mobi

If you need a method to get this onto your device, use Calibre.
Alternatively, for Kindles I think you can just email the file to your
kindle using the built in address.

The other option would be to open the Dropbox link on your device and it
should give you the option to "Open with..."

Hope you enjoy!

Oh these are great.
Thank you.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 453 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23