Theft - Final Update 7/24

The place for measured discourse about politics and current events, including developments in science and medicine.
Primula Baggins
Living in hope

Post by Primula Baggins »

It's hard when you lose a collection that you've built up over years. :( I would probably have a similar problem spending that much money all at once, even knowing that I'd had that much tied up in the collection.

Maybe you could take some of the money and go on a small spree replacing the DVDs you miss most?

I mean, how can you live without PJ's LotR? :devil:
“There, peeping among the cloud-wrack above a dark tor high up in the mountains, Sam saw a white star twinkle for a while. The beauty of it smote his heart, as he looked up out of the forsaken land, and hope returned to him. For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King
halplm
hooked

Post by halplm »

yeah, the thieves made sure to not take any of the stuff I actually really DIDN'T want any more... :rage:

I've got a year (or maybe two) to submit receipts to them, so I don't have to decide any time soon..
For the TROUBLED may you find PEACE
For the DESPAIRING may you find HOPE
For the LONELY may you find LOVE
For the SKEPTICAL may you find FAITH
-Frances C. Arrillaga 1941-1995