2018 U.S. Congressional elections

The place for measured discourse about politics and current events, including developments in science and medicine.
Voronwë the Faithful
At the intersection of here and now

Re: 2018 U.S. Congressional elections

Post by Voronwë the Faithful »

I believe, though I am not sure, that the ridiculous top-two primary system does not allow for write-in votes in the general election.
"Spirits in the shape of hawks and eagles flew ever to and from his halls; and their eyes could see to the depths of the seas, and pierce the hidden caverns beneath the world."
Frelga
Meanwhile...

Post by Frelga »

Voronwë the Faithful wrote:I believe, though I am not sure, that the ridiculous top-two primary system does not allow for write-in votes in the general election.
It doesn't. I went and checked. :(
If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.

Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!
Frelga
Meanwhile...

Post by Frelga »

State investigates Russian investor's ties to Maryland elections software
Maryland’s Attorney General is investigating a Russian investor’s ties to a software vendor that maintains part of the State Board of Elections’ voter registration system, officials said Friday.

In a joint statement, Senate President Thomas V. Mike Miller and House Speaker Michael Busch said the FBI briefed them and Gov. Larry Hogan Thursday that without the state’s knowledge, a Russian investor had bought the software vendor in 2015.
If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.

Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!