It is currently Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:42 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:50 pm 
Offline
1000%
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2005 12:41 am
Posts: 36773
Michael Cohen will be released from prison to home confinement, judge rules

Quote:
"The purpose of transferring Mr. Cohen from furlough and home confinement to jail is retaliatory and its retaliatory because of his desire to exercise his first amendment rights to publish a book and discuss anything about the book or anything else he wants on social media and others," Judge Alvin Hellerstein ruled during a telephonic hearing.





Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

_________________
In gratitude forever … .


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:54 am 
Offline
1000%
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2005 12:41 am
Posts: 36773
I somehow missed this last week.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/30/us/p ... court.html

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

_________________
In gratitude forever … .


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:53 pm 
Offline
1000%
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2005 12:41 am
Posts: 36773
Judge rules E. Jean Carroll can continue to seek Trump's DNA in defamation suit

I'm doubtful that this will actually happen before the election, and even absolute proof that he did sexually assault Carroll probably still wouldn't move most of his supporters, but I can't imagine that it wouldn't give at least some pause to think.

_________________
In gratitude forever … .


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:45 pm
Posts: 2915
Location: Small drinking village with a severe fishing problem
Voronwë the Faithful wrote:
Judge rules E. Jean Carroll can continue to seek Trump's DNA in defamation suit

I'm doubtful that this will actually happen before the election, and even absolute proof that he did sexually assault Carroll probably still wouldn't move most of his supporters, but I can't imagine that it wouldn't give at least some pause to think.


Literally being heard bragging about sexually assaulting women didn't give his voters pause. They celebrate his words. The only reason to think it would give anyone pause is to assume that they wouldn't approve of it, but sadly in many cases we are seeing that people *do* approve of *him* doing it.

_________________
The dumbest thing I've ever bought
was a 2020 planner.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:46 pm 
Offline
1000%
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2005 12:41 am
Posts: 36773
He can't dismiss DNA evidence as "locker-room talk".

_________________
In gratitude forever … .


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:07 am
Posts: 4267
Location: North Shire
I'm sad to say, no, I doubt it will matter. Not to the Trump supporters I know. I truly believe he could shoot someone on 5th avenue and he would not loose support of his 'base' because they believe he is acting on behalf of a higher power. Don't even get me started.

_________________
My heart is forever in the Shire.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:04 am 
Offline
bioalchemist
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:08 am
Posts: 11696
Location: the dry land
Voronwë the Faithful wrote:
He can't dismiss DNA evidence as "locker-room talk".

He'll call it fake. Those forensic technicians are all out to get him so he loses the election. No one has better genes than he does. Etc.

_________________
When you can do nothing what can you do?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:20 am 
Offline
1000%
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2005 12:41 am
Posts: 36773
Yes, but I still think that it could penetrate a few on the edges.

_________________
In gratitude forever … .


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:30 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:07 am
Posts: 4267
Location: North Shire
As much as I'd like to think something would open a few eyes, I think those who could be reached have already left. He's done plenty of simply horrible things. His base are willfully blind. They will say there is no evidence she was forced or she would have come forward long ago &/or had she been forced she never would have kept the dress. Sad to say.

_________________
My heart is forever in the Shire.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:50 am 
Offline
bioalchemist
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:08 am
Posts: 11696
Location: the dry land
RoseMorninStar wrote:
As much as I'd like to think something would open a few eyes, I think those who could be reached have already left. He's done plenty of simply horrible things. His base are willfully blind. They will say there is no evidence she was forced or she would have come forward long ago &/or had she been forced she never would have kept the dress. Sad to say.

Yes, the back-bending required to excuse Trump at this point is so extensive that those still able to do it have probably crumbled their vertebrae into dust.

_________________
When you can do nothing what can you do?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:45 pm
Posts: 2915
Location: Small drinking village with a severe fishing problem
RoseMorninStar wrote:
As much as I'd like to think something would open a few eyes, I think those who could be reached have already left. He's done plenty of simply horrible things. His base are willfully blind. They will say there is no evidence she was forced or she would have come forward long ago &/or had she been forced she never would have kept the dress. Sad to say.


Or he'll use the same excuse he used last time "Did you see her? That's one ugly *****. I wouldn't have anything to do with her." And they'll laugh and agree he couldn't POSSIBLY have raped her, she's too ugly to rape. :bang:

_________________
The dumbest thing I've ever bought
was a 2020 planner.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:18 pm 
Offline
1000%
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2005 12:41 am
Posts: 36773
If I am remembering correctly, that was E. Jean Carroll that he said that about.

_________________
In gratitude forever … .


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:45 pm
Posts: 2915
Location: Small drinking village with a severe fishing problem
https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2016/10 ... users-ugly

I haven't kept up on the scope of it, but the one I was thinking of was
Quote:
“Believe me, she would not be my first choice,” Trump said of Jessica Leeds, 74, who alleged in a bombshell New York Times story Wednesday that the real-estate billionaire had grabbed her breasts and stuck his hand up her skirt while seated next to her on a flight in the 1980s.

_________________
The dumbest thing I've ever bought
was a 2020 planner.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:45 pm 
Offline
1000%
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2005 12:41 am
Posts: 36773
Her, as well. It is a common refrain for this disgusting individual.

https://www.theatlantic.com/entertainme ... se/592555/

_________________
In gratitude forever … .


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:56 pm 
Offline
1000%
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2005 12:41 am
Posts: 36773
From the Foreword of Michael Cohen's upcoming book:

Quote:
There are reasons why there has never been an intimate portrait of Donald Trump, the man. In part, it’s because he has a million acquaintances, pals and hangers on, but no real friends. He has no one he trusts to keep his secrets. For ten years, he certainly had me, and I was always there for him, and look what happened to me. I urge you to really consider that fact: Trump has no true friends. He has lived his entire life avoiding and evading taking responsibility for his actions. He crushed or cheated all who stood in his way, but I know where the skeletons are buried because I was the one who buried them. I was the one who most encouraged him to run for president in 2011, and then again in 2015, carefully orchestrating the famous trip down the escalator in Trump Tower for him to announce his candidacy. When Trump wanted to reach Russian President Vladimir Putin, via a secret back channel, I was tasked with making the connection in my Keystone Kop fashion. I stiffed contractors on his behalf, ripped off his business partners, lied to his wife Melania to hide his sexual infidelities, and bullied and screamed at anyone who threatened Trump’s path to power. From golden showers in a sex club in Vegas, to tax fraud, to deals with corrupt officials from the former Soviet Union, to catch and kill conspiracies to silence Trump’s clandestine lovers, I wasn’t just a witness to the president’s rise—I was an active and eager participant.


DISLOYAL, THE FOREWORD: THE REAL REAL DONALD TRUMP

_________________
In gratitude forever … .


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:27 am 
Offline
Throw me a rope.
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 11:13 pm
Posts: 6505
Location: Deep in Oz
I'll need a few years' of distance before I could read that. The weight of everything already feels so heavy and insupportable that I can't face an additional burden of Trump's ethical and legal crimes and misdemeanours spelled out.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

_________________
Mornings wouldn't suck so badly if they came later in the day.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 2:05 pm 
Offline
1000%
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2005 12:41 am
Posts: 36773
I understand Impy. But hopefully there will be some people voting in November that read it.

_________________
In gratitude forever … .


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:41 am
Posts: 6223
Location: In my rose garden
:shock: :shock: :shock: Holy ****!! Wow!

Not surprised to find your link no longer works, Voronwë.

Voronwë the Faithful wrote:
From the Foreword of Michael Cohen's upcoming book:

Quote:
There are reasons why there has never been an intimate portrait of Donald Trump, the man. In part, it’s because he has a million acquaintances, pals and hangers on, but no real friends. He has no one he trusts to keep his secrets. For ten years, he certainly had me, and I was always there for him, and look what happened to me. I urge you to really consider that fact: Trump has no true friends. He has lived his entire life avoiding and evading taking responsibility for his actions. He crushed or cheated all who stood in his way, but I know where the skeletons are buried because I was the one who buried them. I was the one who most encouraged him to run for president in 2011, and then again in 2015, carefully orchestrating the famous trip down the escalator in Trump Tower for him to announce his candidacy. When Trump wanted to reach Russian President Vladimir Putin, via a secret back channel, I was tasked with making the connection in my Keystone Kop fashion. I stiffed contractors on his behalf, ripped off his business partners, lied to his wife Melania to hide his sexual infidelities, and bullied and screamed at anyone who threatened Trump’s path to power. From golden showers in a sex club in Vegas, to tax fraud, to deals with corrupt officials from the former Soviet Union, to catch and kill conspiracies to silence Trump’s clandestine lovers, I wasn’t just a witness to the president’s rise—I was an active and eager participant.


DISLOYAL, THE FOREWORD: THE REAL REAL DONALD TRUMP

_________________
When the night has been too lonely, and the road has been too long,
And you think that love is only for the lucky and the strong,
Just remember in the winter far beneath the bitter snows,
Lies the seed, that with the sun's love, in the spring becomes The Rose.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:03 pm 
Offline
1000%
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2005 12:41 am
Posts: 36773
Not sure why you say that. The page is still active.

_________________
In gratitude forever … .


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:04 pm 
Offline
of Vinyamar
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:39 pm
Posts: 9123
Location: Ireland
I already read it yesterday, but it looks like its being hit with DDOS attack

Quote:
Error 1020 Ray ID: 5c347e259c4de5f0 • 2020-08-15 17:04:06 UTC
Access denied
What happened?
This website is using a security service to protect itself from online attacks.

Cloudflare Ray ID: 5c347e259c4de5f0 • Your IP: 2001:bb6:2b6b:a858:f885:e64b:58a0:ab38 • Performance & security by Cloudflare

_________________
Image
The Vinyamars on Stage! This time at Bag End


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group