Not enough Whisky for this Tango Foxtrot

The place for measured discourse about politics and current events, including developments in science and medicine.
Alatar
of Vinyamar

Re: Not enough Whisky for this Tango Foxtrot

Post by Alatar »

The Vinyamars on Stage! This time at Bag End
Alatar
of Vinyamar

Post by Alatar »

And just in case anyone thinks I'm serious, no... I don't think he should be assassinated.
elengil
Cat-egorical Herbitual Creativi-Tea

Post by elengil »

Your image isn't loading for me :(
The dumbest thing I've ever bought
was a 2020 planner.

"Does anyone ever think about Denethor, the guy driven to madness by staying up late into the night alone in the dark staring at a flickering device he believed revealed unvarnished truth about the outside word, but which in fact showed mostly manipulated media created by a hostile power committed to portraying nothing but bad news framed in the worst possible way in order to sap hope, courage, and the will to go on? Seems like he's someone we should think about." - Dave_LF
Alatar
of Vinyamar

Post by Alatar »

River
bioalchemist

Post by River »

I was actually thinking of the kind that wear white coats...

He's got kids. Poor kids.
When you can do nothing what can you do?
RoseMorninStar

Post by RoseMorninStar »

River wrote:The only attention Kanye deserves right now is the professional kind.
Well, yes, there is that. He's obviously got issues.
My heart is forever in the Shire.
Voronwë the Faithful
At the intersection of here and now

Post by Voronwë the Faithful »

It's silly that this is a thing, but since people think it is a thing, here are some facts.

Kanye West fails to make ballot in South Carolina despite rally

Oh but cant he still somehow affect the election as a write-in candidate?
South Carolina law prohibits write-in candidates, meaning the only option for a candidate at this point is to seek the nomination of one of the certified political parties. 

There will be no additional extensions to the deadline, Whitmire said. The deadline had already been extended five days from July 15 triggered by the emergency declaration due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk
"Spirits in the shape of hawks and eagles flew ever to and from his halls; and their eyes could see to the depths of the seas, and pierce the hidden caverns beneath the world."
Voronwë the Faithful

Here's what is really going on with Kanye.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/kan ... 36266.html
"Spirits in the shape of hawks and eagles flew ever to and from his halls; and their eyes could see to the depths of the seas, and pierce the hidden caverns beneath the world."
elengil

Post by elengil »

https://gawker.com/high-elf-high-on-aci ... 1579493237

WHOLE new meaning to the term "high elf" ... :doh:
was a 2020 planner.

"Does anyone ever think about Denethor, the guy driven to madness by staying up late into the night alone in the dark staring at a flickering device he believed revealed unvarnished truth about the outside word, but which in fact showed mostly manipulated media created by a hostile power committed to portraying nothing but bad news framed in the worst possible way in order to sap hope, courage, and the will to go on? Seems like he's someone we should think about." - Dave_LF
Frelga
Meanwhile...

Post by Frelga »

That last line, though.
If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.

Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!
Voronwë the Faithful

That's the most amusing thing I have seen in a long time (though I'm sorry for the property damage caused, and even more for the fear that the car owner must have felt).
RoseMorninStar

Post by RoseMorninStar »

Isn't a dark elf an Orc?
Inanna
Meetu's little sister

Post by Inanna »

Voronwë the Faithful wrote:That's the most amusing thing I have seen in a long time (though I'm sorry for the property damage caused, and even more for the fear that the car owner must have felt).
Ditto. Except that I could not stop giggling....
'You just said "your getting shorter": you've obviously been drinking too much ent-draught and not enough Prim's.' - Jude
RoseMorninStar

Post by RoseMorninStar »

I know this is nonsense. YOU know it's nonsense. But SOMEONE in the GOP thinks this is worth pursuing to help Trump.

WISN Madison, WI
Kanye West's presidential campaign dropped off signature papers Tuesday at the state Elections Commission building in Madison.

Saying "no comment" to WISN 12 News, a woman entered the building just after 5 p.m. Tuesday in Madison to drop off the signatures. WISN 12 News has learned she is Lane Ruhland, a Madison attorney who has worked for the Wisconsin GOP and Republican National Committee.
In addition to Wisconsin, papers have also been dropped off in Arkansas, Vermont, Colorado, and Ohio.

CNN - Republicans with ties to Trump are helping Kanye West get on general election ballots

Make no mistake, I do not believe Kanye is seeking to be on the ballot because he seriously wants to run for president, it's a ruse. He is being used as a pawn (willingly?) as a misdirection/confusion tactic by the GOP to divide black/youth votes. Trump doesn't need tons of votes to win the election, he just needs a cheating strategy. He won the presidency without the popular vote in 2016.
Voronwë the Faithful

Yes, nonsense, but also yes, concerning that GOP operatives are actively involved, particularly in a state like yours, that could be a tipping point state. I know I have been dismissive of this, but that is concerning.
River
bioalchemist

Post by River »

The GOP is exploiting one mentally ill man to keep the other mentally ill man who leads them in office. It's kind of disgusting, actually.
When you can do nothing what can you do?
Inanna
Meetu's little sister

Post by Inanna »

Kind of?
'You just said "your getting shorter": you've obviously been drinking too much ent-draught and not enough Prim's.' - Jude
RoseMorninStar

Post by RoseMorninStar »

Incredibility disgusting. And blatantly dishonest.
elengil

Post by elengil »

And ultimately unsurprising. :nono:
was a 2020 planner.

Frelga
Meanwhile...

Post by Frelga »

Eh. Kanye's campaign is insignificant, as election manipulation goes, next to the demolition of USPS that is happening right now.
If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.

Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!