Not enough Whisky for this Tango Foxtrot

The place for measured discourse about politics and current events, including developments in science and medicine.
Voronwë the Faithful
At the intersection of here and now

Re: Not enough Whisky for this Tango Foxtrot

Post by Voronwë the Faithful »

No, he shouldn't. It amazes me that he was so casual about that. "I couldn't believe anybody was making a big deal out of a drug to grow his hair that seemed to be so important. And it certainly was not a breach of medical trust to tell somebody they take Propecia to grow their hair. What's the matter with that?"

If that is not a breach of medical trust, what is? :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:
"Spirits in the shape of hawks and eagles flew ever to and from his halls; and their eyes could see to the depths of the seas, and pierce the hidden caverns beneath the world."
River
bioalchemist

Post by River »

Time for that doctor to retire.
When you can do nothing what can you do?
Voronwë the Faithful

It was time for him to retire when he put out that letter saying that Trump was the healthiest president evah!
"Spirits in the shape of hawks and eagles flew ever to and from his halls; and their eyes could see to the depths of the seas, and pierce the hidden caverns beneath the world."
RoseMorninStar

Post by RoseMorninStar »

Maria wrote:The doctor shouldn't have been telling anyone anything medical about any of his patients.
True, but it's not legal for people to break into a doctors office and forcefully confiscate medical documents without a HIPPA release signed by the patient either.

It's interesting that Trump had medical files under assumed names. Why would 'the healthiest person in the world' need to do that?
My heart is forever in the Shire.
Voronwë the Faithful

StDs?
RoseMorninStar

Post by RoseMorninStar »

That was my thought Voronwë. But who knows? My imagination often falls short where the likes of Trump are concerned. :P
River
bioalchemist

Post by River »

Impotence? Something else that a raging narcissist would perceive as embarrassing?

He's a celebrity and wealthy. I could see anyone in his position doing something like that to protect themselves from an unscrupulous person at the doctor's office slipping something to the press or using a stolen record as blackmail material. So the assumed names bit isn't alarming. Nor is deciding to change doctors after an unauthorized release of information. Sending in two burly men to seize records is a bit odd, though. Seems like this is a situation that could have been handled within the confines of HIPAA...which the doctor was in violation of.
Frelga
Meanwhile...

Post by Frelga »

https://twitter.com/JaxAlemany/status/9 ... 1718908931
.@KaciSokoloff just spoke w Dr. Harold Bornstein, who refused an interview but said that NBC's piece was "a pretty good story." Bornstein also said that he spoke to the NBC reporter “in the bathroom” of his office. He signed off with: "Sweetheart, this is watergate, goodbye!"
:pancake:
If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.

Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!
Dave_LF
Wrong within normal parameters

Post by Dave_LF »

If the doctor has anything team Trump wants hushed, it's probably evidence of dementia. Though it's not like that evidence isn't already all over twitter.
RoseMorninStar

Post by RoseMorninStar »

I don't think dementia.. delusion. This is a guy who doesn't read the security briefings or seem to concern himself about the security of the country while he has time to go on Fox News and rant for a half an hour repeating the same old stories. Good grief.
RoseMorninStar

Post by RoseMorninStar »

I don't think dementia.. delusion. Bi-polar disorder. Something. This is a guy who doesn't read the security briefings or seem to concern himself about the security of the country while he has time to go on Fox News and rant for a half an hour repeating the same old stories. Good grief.
Frelga
Meanwhile...

Post by Frelga »

Here's another instance of CNN using "breaking" to mean "like, duh!"
Breaking: President Trump dictated 2015 letter his doctor wrote declaring him the “healthiest individual ever elected to the presidency” says letter’s author Dr. Harold Bornstein. “He dictated that whole letter. I didn't write that letter," Bornstein told CNN’s @MarquardtA
If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.

River
bioalchemist

Post by River »

I have a theory: Trump's more than 60 days behind on hush money payments to his former doctor. So now Dr. Bornstein's just letting it rip because who likes being stiffed.
RoseMorninStar

Post by RoseMorninStar »

Like a boss. A Mob Boss. That's what I have to say about the way Trump operates.
Dave_LF
Wrong within normal parameters

Post by Dave_LF »

I had a long and fairly involved dream where I was a reporter interviewing Trump, and he refused to answer when I asked if he was waiving his salary since he's supposedly so rich; just staring at me silently for 45 minutes instead. Then he got up and whispered in my ear that the government had run out of money in the 80s and the only reason it didn't collapse was because he personally loaned it money, and everything he does now is because they owe him. Makes at least as much sense as half the stuff in this thread.

Also, he had bad breath.
Inanna
Meetu's little sister

Post by Inanna »

Seriously?? You poor thing. Imagine having that jackass in your dreams.
'You just said "your getting shorter": you've obviously been drinking too much ent-draught and not enough Prim's.' - Jude
Frelga
Meanwhile...

Post by Frelga »

I was chased by vague shadow monsters through much of the night, and I still wouldn't trade dreams with you.

Túrin Turambar

Post by Túrin Turambar »

During the primaries I had a dream I went to work for Trump to help him build a giant battle robot to defeat Senator Cruz and win the nomination. I don't recall him making any appearances in my subconscious since then.
Frelga
Meanwhile...

Post by Frelga »

Trump Just Tapped Dr. Oz To Be A Government Health Adviser
The council will advise US Department of Health and Human Services chef Alex Azar on how “to expand and encourage youth sports participation, and to promote the overall physical fitness, health, and nutrition of all Americans,” according to its charter. Ivanka Trump and US Surgeon General Jerome Adams were involved in suggesting members, according to news reports.

RoseMorninStar

Post by RoseMorninStar »

The nightmares you people have! :bawl:

And another TV personality? Really? This guy needs to get a grip and step away from the boob-tube.