It's Never Just Black or White, Is It?

The place for measured discourse about politics and current events, including developments in science and medicine.
Sunsilver

It's Never Just Black or White, Is It?

Post by Sunsilver »

I cheered when the documentary about the White Helmets won an Academy Award. Many people would like to see them win the Nobel Peace Prize for their heroic efforts in rescuing Syrians from the ruins of buildings that have been destroyed by the bombing.

Then, today on FB, I saw this article:

http://www.alternet.org/grayzone-projec ... k.facebook

Politics is never simple. I don't pretend to have a good understanding of the situation in Syria, beyond knowing that millions of people are suffering and dying and being displaced from their homes.

In some ways, the situation reminds me of Vietnam. Should the world powers intervene? Will that shorten the war, and stop the suffering? What IS the best way out of this horrible mess?

It's much easier to start a war than to stop it. :(

(I was going to title this thread 'Shades of Grey', but decided that might cause some confusion... :roll: )
When the night has been too lonely, and the road has been too long,
And you think that love is only for the lucky and the strong,
Just remember in the winter far beneath the bitter snows,
Lies the seed, that with the sun's love, in the spring becomes The Rose.
lazycat

Re: It's Never Just Black or White, Is It?

Post by lazycat »

Not a contrarian by nature, but in terms of whose interests are served, the White Helmets are a most likely a propaganda operation perpetrated by Gulf States an abetted by British Intelligence, both of which have taken an interest in overthrowing the central government.