The 2016 US Election

The place for measured discourse about politics and current events, including developments in science and medicine.
anthriel
halo optional

Post by anthriel »

Voronwë the Faithful wrote:I would definitely support Hillary Clinton, should she decide she is healthy enough to run at the age of 69. My opinion of her has improved dramatically over the past 4 years.
I'm not sure I could ever vote for Hillary Clinton... there is a gut level aversion there that is difficult for me to get over.

BUT, and I can't believe I am writing this, I am changed enough in my opinion of her that I can at least consider supporting her for president. I totally agree with Voronwë; she has really impressed me the last 4 years. She is very competent, and that draws my eye like no other attribute.

Wow. Everyone needs to make sure the planet is still on its axis, today.

:shock:

ETA: Voronwë, is there some concern about her health??
"What do you fear, lady?" Aragorn asked.
"A cage," Éowyn said. "To stay behind bars, until use and old age accept them, and all chance of doing great deeds is gone beyond recall or desire.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King
Dave_LF
Wrong within normal parameters

Post by Dave_LF »

This article presents an alternate take on the Romney team's seeming disconnect with polling reality--namely, that they understood perfectly well that victory was a long shot, but couldn't admit to it for fear of alienating donors. And still can't. At the end of the day, playing dumb is a lesser evil than admitting you rosied up the facts in order to dupe the bigshots out of a bit more money.
Voronwë the Faithful
At the intersection of here and now

Post by Voronwë the Faithful »

anthriel wrote:ETA: Voronwë, is there some concern about her health??
Not that I know of. It's just that at 69, she would tie Ronald Reagan for the oldest person to become president. Whatever one thinks about Pres. Reagan, it is now a known fact that he was already suffering from the beginning stages of Alzheimer's in his latter years as president. It has to be a consideration.
"Spirits in the shape of hawks and eagles flew ever to and from his halls; and their eyes could see to the depths of the seas, and pierce the hidden caverns beneath the world."