Will Rep Weiner resign? Should he?

The place for measured discourse about politics and current events, including developments in science and medicine.
Voronwë the Faithful
At the intersection of here and now

Post by Voronwë the Faithful »

[OT]I don't think that you could say anything too derogatory about her. Not long ago, there was an incident when an Atlanta Brave engaged in some lewd conduct at a Giants game. Allred was hired (or rather hired herself out to) to the family of two young girls who were exposed to the lewd conduct. She then held a news conference, with the young girls present and watching her, and proceeded to demonstrate the lewd conduct. Um, ... (John Stewart not surprisingly did a great piece on this.)[/OT]
"Spirits in the shape of hawks and eagles flew ever to and from his halls; and their eyes could see to the depths of the seas, and pierce the hidden caverns beneath the world."
Inanna
Meetu's little sister

Post by Inanna »

Voronwë the Steadfast wrote:[OT]I don't think that you could say anything too derogatory about her. Not long ago, there was an incident when an Atlanta Brave engaged in some lewd conduct at a Giants game. Allred was hired (or rather hired herself out to) to the family of two young girls who were exposed to the lewd conduct. She then held a news conference, with the young girls present and watching her, and proceeded to demonstrate the lewd conduct. Um, ... (John Stewart not surprisingly did a great piece on this.)[/OT]
Oh!! That's HER. I remember the Jon Stewart piece. It was hilarious.

So, I am actually not *that* unaware. :P
'You just said "your getting shorter": you've obviously been drinking too much ent-draught and not enough Prim's.' - Jude
Voronwë the Faithful
At the intersection of here and now

Post by Voronwë the Faithful »

"Spirits in the shape of hawks and eagles flew ever to and from his halls; and their eyes could see to the depths of the seas, and pierce the hidden caverns beneath the world."
Primula Baggins
Living in hope

Post by Primula Baggins »

Staff are leaving his office with boxes of possessions—I'd say that's confirmation.
“There, peeping among the cloud-wrack above a dark tor high up in the mountains, Sam saw a white star twinkle for a while. The beauty of it smote his heart, as he looked up out of the forsaken land, and hope returned to him. For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King