All the glorious moments

For discussion of the upcoming films based on The Hobbit and related material, as well as previous films based on Tolkien's work
narya
chocolate bearer
Location: Wishing I could be beachcombing, or hiking, or dragon boating

Re: All the glorious moments

Post by narya »

I saw BoFA again tonight, with this thread's question in mind. All in all, it had waaaaay too many orcs and not enough scenes with not-five-armies-battling, but that said, my favorite moment was at Dol Guldur. I don't mind Nuclear Galadriel, I agree with Yov that she kicks a**. And I liked seeing a fight between the Three Rings and the Nine. Yes, I saw glimpses of Narya, Nenya, and Vilya. The scene probably wasn't very cannon, but hey, I liked it anyway. And I hope I'm as spritely as Christopher Lee at 92.
In the midst of winter, I found there was, within me, an invincible summer. ~ Albert Camus
Sunsilver

Post by Sunsilver »

I like it, too, Narya! Despite what many other people have said... :D

I would have liked to have seen Gandalf take an active role, though...and truly make it the Three against the Nine!
When the night has been too lonely, and the road has been too long,
And you think that love is only for the lucky and the strong,
Just remember in the winter far beneath the bitter snows,
Lies the seed, that with the sun's love, in the spring becomes The Rose.
Voronwë the Faithful
At the intersection of here and now

Post by Voronwë the Faithful »

The only part of it that I truly dislike is Galadriel acting so afraid of the Nazgûl. That's one of the only things in any of the six films that I simply can find no explanation for, even one that I disagree with it. It seems to completely contradict their presentation of Galadriel otherwise.
"Spirits in the shape of hawks and eagles flew ever to and from his halls; and their eyes could see to the depths of the seas, and pierce the hidden caverns beneath the world."
Alatar
of Vinyamar

Post by Alatar »

Maybe she's afraid of what she might become? Just a random thought without rewatching.
The Vinyamars on Stage! This time at Bag End
Passdagas the Brown

Post by Passdagas the Brown »

I really like that dwarf commander who shouts the orders to the dwarves in Khuzdul. Hope we get more of that guy!
Voronwë the Faithful

Al, that is a good suggestion, but I would say that if that was their intention, they failed miserably.

PtB, me too.

---------
Sent from my LG G3 using tapatalk
"Spirits in the shape of hawks and eagles flew ever to and from his halls; and their eyes could see to the depths of the seas, and pierce the hidden caverns beneath the world."
narya
chocolate bearer
Location: Wishing I could be beachcombing, or hiking, or dragon boating

Post by narya »

It didn't register with me as Galadriel fearing the Nazgûl. Fearing that they'd hurt Gandalf, or fearing that her strength wouldn't hold out long enough to do the job she fully intended to do, perhaps.
In the midst of winter, I found there was, within me, an invincible summer. ~ Albert Camus
Alatar
of Vinyamar

Post by Alatar »

Now that all the movies are done (bar the BoFA EE), I have a thought I've been mulling around. May start a thread on it instead of putting in here though.
The Vinyamars on Stage! This time at Bag End
Voronwë the Faithful

Al, I look forward to it!