Dana Torres

A forum for games, puzzles and sports-related discussions.
Padme
Daydream Believer.

Dana Torres

Post by Padme »

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25566099/
Dara Torres is 41, a mother, and is off to an unprecedented fifth Olympics as a swimmer. It is a feat that impresses everybody — fans, the media and her fellow competitors. But it doesn’t impress the swimming pool.

“The water doesn’t know what age you are when you jump in,” the oldest woman ever to make the U.S. Olympic Swim Team told TODAY’s Matt Lauer Monday. “So why not?”

This woman inspires me. :love: I very seldom watch the olympics, but I will be cheering hard for her!
From the ashes, a fire shall be woken. A light from the shadow shall spring. Renewed shall be blade that was broken. The crownless again shall be king.

Loving living in the Pacific Northwest.
Voronwë the Faithful
At the intersection of here and now

Post by Voronwë the Faithful »

She is pretty incredible, Padme, I agree. She's more than twice as old as some of her competitors.
"Spirits in the shape of hawks and eagles flew ever to and from his halls; and their eyes could see to the depths of the seas, and pierce the hidden caverns beneath the world."
Padme
Daydream Believer.

Post by Padme »

And she is a year older than me... :love: :love: She is an inspiration. And she has made it clear that she is drug tested because many say she is doping.
From the ashes, a fire shall be woken. A light from the shadow shall spring. Renewed shall be blade that was broken. The crownless again shall be king.

Loving living in the Pacific Northwest.
ArathornJax
Aldrig nogen sinde Kvitte

Post by ArathornJax »

She is amazing. Michael Phelps who is 18 years younger than her, calls her Ma or something like that. Truly remarkable.
1. " . . . (we are ) too engrossed in thinking of everything as a preparation or training or making one fit -- for what? At any minute it is what we are and are doing, not what we plan to be and do that counts."

J.R.R. Tolkien in his 6 October 1940 letter to his son Michael Tolkien.

2. We have many ways using technology to be in touch, yet the larger question is are we really connected or are we simply more in touch? There is a difference.