Making Music With Other People

Discussion of performing arts, including theatre, film, television, and music.
Teremia
Reads while walking

Post by Teremia »

Hi everybody,

It turns out that the wonderful bass player in our orchestra recorded the concert and has given us CD's. So, anyway, I have the three movements of the Vivaldi as three tracks on my computer, which I can listen to on i-Tunes.

I'm a complete digital doofus, so I was wondering if anybody can tell me how I might be able to share those tracks with somebody by e-mail or something?

I've enjoyed seeing all the pictures of Alatar in his leonine glory and Voronwë doing his rhythm-magic. :D
truehobbit
Cute, cuddly and dangerous to know

Post by truehobbit »

Weeellll - if you just want to share with a few special, selected people, you could just put the files as an attachment to an e-mail and send them! (Make sure first that people's inboxes are big enough - I suppose the files are quite big?)

OR - if you want to share it with all of us, which I'd find much preferable *hint* ;) :D , you could get yourself an account with one of the free file-sharing providers like http://esnips.com/signin/index.jsp - however, I think you can only upload files of up to 10mb - I remember having seen one where you could have up to 50mb per upload, but I don't remember the name right now.

If you do the latter, you just post the link to your uploaded files here (make sure you make them public) - and everybody who comes along can access them! :D

(If you want a bit more privacy for your files, post the link in the thread "The Amphitheater" in Bag End, to make it visible only to members. :) )
but being a cheerful hobbit he had not needed hope, as long as despair could be postponed.
Alatar
of Vinyamar

Post by Alatar »

If the files are large (or not) you can also share them using www.yousendit.com but they are only hosted temporarily. Personal webspace is ideal.
The Vinyamars on Stage! This time at Bag End
JewelSong
Just Keep Singin'

Post by JewelSong »

You Send It is great - you can put stuff up there for a limited time, but then people in the know can download it and keep it!

I hope you find a way to share the concert with us!

Isn't the internet great - allowing us to share pictures and music and all sorts of things with each other! :love:
"Live! Live! Live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death!" - Auntie Mame

truehobbit
Cute, cuddly and dangerous to know

Post by truehobbit »

Isn't the internet great - allowing us to share pictures and music and all sorts of things with each other!
Yes, and I used to say how nice it would be if sharing sound were as easy as sharing pics - I only learned about those file-sharing hosts a few months ago! :love:

Come to think of it, no movement in a Vivaldi piece should be more than ten minutes, so that should not be more than 10 mb as an mp3 file. :D
In my experience, at a low compression (which I choose in hopes of higher quality) you get a bit under one mb per minute of music.
but being a cheerful hobbit he had not needed hope, as long as despair could be postponed.