The Book Thief

Discussion of performing arts, including theatre, film, television, and music.
Lalaith
Lali Beag Bídeach

The Book Thief

Post by Lalaith »

Has anyone seen this?

It looks like I have no choice but to go see this tomorrow night. However, it looks depressing and not my cup of tea at all for public viewing. :( If you've seen it, can you tell me all about it? I want to know who dies, etc. It's the only way I'm going to tolerate it.
Voronwë the Faithful
At the intersection of here and now

Post by Voronwë the Faithful »

We tried to go see it a couple of weeks ago with some friends that wanted to see it, but the theater was actually sold out, so we end up going down the street and going to see Gravity (which was what I really wanted to go see anyway).
"Spirits in the shape of hawks and eagles flew ever to and from his halls; and their eyes could see to the depths of the seas, and pierce the hidden caverns beneath the world."
Lalaith
Lali Beag Bídeach

Post by Lalaith »

I'd rather see Gravity, too. :(
Voronwë the Faithful
At the intersection of here and now

Post by Voronwë the Faithful »

:hug:

I actually do want to see The Book Thief, but it is the kind of film that I would rather see in the privacy of my own home.
"Spirits in the shape of hawks and eagles flew ever to and from his halls; and their eyes could see to the depths of the seas, and pierce the hidden caverns beneath the world."
Lalaith
Lali Beag Bídeach

Post by Lalaith »

Precisely. :neutral:

It's just one of those social obligation situations that I can't think of a reasonable way to opt out of. So I've just read a detailed account of the movie, and I might be okay.

<sigh>
Lalaith
Lali Beag Bídeach

Post by Lalaith »

Looking on the bright side, I might get out of this because of this dumb cold! :) I'll have to see how I feel tonight.