The nearly made its

Discussion of performing arts, including theatre, film, television, and music.
eborr

The nearly made its

Post by eborr »

Not sure if my dear non-Brit friends can use this link

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01phhv7

It's a list of the best no 2 songs in the British charts, some fantastic records here - Strawberry Fields, Waterloo Sunset, American Pie

Inevitably they were all beaten to the best record spot by some instantantly forgetable tripe.

Talking about instantly forgetable tripe the programme is hosted by the vile Mr T Blackburn - one of the few DJ's to have excaped the paedophilia tag.

The wonderful James of Manchester feature at number 4 with the song Sit Down, the ultimate slacker protest song
Since 1410 most Welsh people most of the time have abandoned any idea of independence as unthinkable. But since 1410 most Welsh people, at some time or another, if only in some secret corner of the mind, have been "out with Owain and his barefoot scrubs." For the Welsh mind is still haunted by it's lightning-flash vision of a people that was free.

Gwyn A. Williams,
Elentári

Post by Elentári »

Heh! I listened to this yesterday!

My blood still boils over the fact that Ultravox's sublime "Vienna" was denied #1 by Joe Dolce... :rage:

Great trip down memory lane - it's amazing how many songs you thought must have reached the top of the chart that didn't - Elton's "Rocket Man"...Queen's "We are the Champions"...Bowie's "Jean Genie"
There is magic in long-distance friendships. They let you relate to other human beings in a way that goes beyond being physically together and is often more profound.
~Diana Cortes