BBC's Sherlock

Discussion of performing arts, including theatre, film, television, and music.
axordil
Pleasantly Twisted

Post by axordil »

I'm thinking they may have been writing around having an actor in NZ a lot in "Scandal."
WampusCat
Creature of the night

Post by WampusCat »

What on earth would Watson be doing in New Zealand? ;)
Take my hand, my friend. We are here to walk one another home.

Avatar from Fractal_OpenArtGroup
WampusCat
Creature of the night

Post by WampusCat »

Watched the hound episode last night. I'm impressed with how they are keeping up the quality of the show, and the modern updates continue to be spot on.

WampusCat
Creature of the night

Post by WampusCat »

Watched the season finale. :shock:

Primula Baggins
Living in hope

Post by Primula Baggins »

Sooo behind. Looking forward to :shock:.
“There, peeping among the cloud-wrack above a dark tor high up in the mountains, Sam saw a white star twinkle for a while. The beauty of it smote his heart, as he looked up out of the forsaken land, and hope returned to him. For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King
Elentári

Post by Elentári »

So when do you guys get Season 3?

We saw the first episode last night...THE EMPTY HEARSE - talk about playing with your audience! The whole episode was almost a send up...not to mention it was overflowing with the actors' family members!

I have to say also that I can't help but see Bilbo in everything MF does now!

Next episode on Sunday evening! :)
There is magic in long-distance friendships. They let you relate to other human beings in a way that goes beyond being physically together and is often more profound.
~Diana Cortes
narya
chocolate bearer
Location: Wishing I could be beachcombing, or hiking, or dragon boating

Post by narya »

January 19 for us in the USA. 16 days and 20 hours, according to the countdown calendar at http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/masterpiece/sherlock/

Evidently I'm not the only one who's obsessed. :D
In the midst of winter, I found there was, within me, an invincible summer. ~ Albert Camus
Frelga
Meanwhile...

Post by Frelga »

As I said on TORC, it's like they are TRYING to encourage piracy. :nono:
If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.

Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!
Primula Baggins
Living in hope

Post by Primula Baggins »

I much prefer the recent Doctor Who approach of worldwide simultaneous premieres. Just sayin'.

This has nothing to do with the fact that I've discovered that I quite like Martin Freeman. And Benedict Cumberbatch's voice.
“There, peeping among the cloud-wrack above a dark tor high up in the mountains, Sam saw a white star twinkle for a while. The beauty of it smote his heart, as he looked up out of the forsaken land, and hope returned to him. For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King
Elentári

Post by Elentári »

Sorry you guys have to wait - at least it is weeks and not months...

Tonight's episode (The Sign of Three) was brilliant - not quite as slapstick as the first on New year's Day, but still laugh out loud funny and so very clever as usual.
There is magic in long-distance friendships. They let you relate to other human beings in a way that goes beyond being physically together and is often more profound.
~Diana Cortes
Passdagas the Brown

Post by Passdagas the Brown »

I cannot wait for the 19th!
Lalaith
Lali Beag Bídeach

Post by Lalaith »

Me either! :D
Elentári

Post by Elentári »

Just watched Episode 3 - HIS LAST VOW

OMG, just superb...the writing (and acting!) was absolutely awesome! :bow:
~Diana Cortes
Passdagas the Brown

Post by Passdagas the Brown »

I'm so excited about this series, and so frustrated that people across the pond are already watching the 2nd episode, that I feel compelled to slap a Brit. Walking over to the UK embassy in a moment.
Elentári

Post by Elentári »

At least I'm not spoiling it for you!

:grouphug: to all my friends having to wait... :(
~Diana Cortes
Frelga
Meanwhile...

Post by Frelga »

Well, choosing to wait. It is 2014, and I had links from 3 people the day the first episode aired. Still haven't watched, mostly because my son was too busy with sports and school and asked me to wait.
If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.

Elentári

Post by Elentári »

Official links, Frelga? I thought BBC iPlayer wasn't accessible overseas....
~Diana Cortes
Pearly Di
Elvendork

Post by Pearly Di »

Passdagas the Brown wrote:I'm so excited about this series, and so frustrated that people across the pond are already watching the 2nd episode, that I feel compelled to slap a Brit. Walking over to the UK embassy in a moment.
Sorry for being a Brit. ;)

What Elen said. Series 3 has been terrific. More, more, more! :bow:

Three episodes my foot. I think I'll write to the BBC to complain. :P

I could seriously watch the whole thing on an endless loop. :)
"Frodo undertook his quest out of love - to save the world he knew from disaster at his own expense, if he could ... "
Letter no. 246, The Collected Letters of J.R.R. Tolkien
Avatar by goldlighticons on Live Journal
Elentári

Post by Elentári »

I won't apologize for being British! It's always nice to get some things first for a change... =:)

At least we won't have to wait so long for the next series this time, since some of the cast members won't be tied up with other work (pick-ups aside) on the other side of the globe!
~Diana Cortes
Frelga
Meanwhile...

Post by Frelga »

Elentári wrote:Official links, Frelga? I thought BBC iPlayer wasn't accessible overseas....
:whistle:

I have never, to date, gone to the trouble of getting around that, but I have purely theoretical information that getting around that is not that hard. The BBC would do better to sell inexpensive subscriptions than trying to put up a gate with no walls.