BBC's Sherlock

Discussion of performing arts, including theatre, film, television, and music.
Frelga
Meanwhile...

Re: BBC's Sherlock

Post by Frelga »

Whoa, they got intense.
If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.

Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!
Sunsilver

Re: BBC's Sherlock

Post by Sunsilver »

Warning: mild spoilers ahead, but no key plot points - um, unless you haven't seen the FIRST episode of the 4th season, or heard anything about it yet!

The ending made me cry. I think that's a first for this series. It was where Watson berates Sherlock for not following up on the chance for a relationship. He's essentially telling him (in the wake of his own wife's death, of course) to grab chances like that with both hands, because you never know when they will come along, or how long the relationship will last.

Mary's final speech shortly afterwards also made me teary. And when they go out for cake, along with Molly, to celebrate Sherlock's birthday, dammit, I wanted to join them to celebrate the end of a fine, fine series with terrific writing and brilliant acting!

When I saw the previous episode on Saturday, and Mrs. Hudson sets the investigators combing through Sherlock's flat straight, then kicks them all out, I exclaimed to the screen, "DAMN!! That was GOOD! WELL DONE, Mrs. Hudson!"
Hidden text.
Favourite line: where she glares at Mycroft, and says "Get out of here, you REPTILE!"
:bow: :rofl:

I really, really hope they will follow in Sir Arthur's footsteps and bring this cast back for another go... :cry:
When the night has been too lonely, and the road has been too long,
And you think that love is only for the lucky and the strong,
Just remember in the winter far beneath the bitter snows,
Lies the seed, that with the sun's love, in the spring becomes The Rose.