Discussion of performing arts, including theatre, film, television, and music.
Primula Baggins
Living in hope

Post by Primula Baggins »

I love the Oscars :oops: ; it's my Super Bowl. So I suspected that you'd seen a misleading headline or something.
“There, peeping among the cloud-wrack above a dark tor high up in the mountains, Sam saw a white star twinkle for a while. The beauty of it smote his heart, as he looked up out of the forsaken land, and hope returned to him. For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King
Frelga
Meanwhile...

Post by Frelga »

Super Bowl is my Oscars - I don't care much about either. =:)
If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.

Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!
Primula Baggins
Living in hope

=:) Blasphemer!
“There, peeping among the cloud-wrack above a dark tor high up in the mountains, Sam saw a white star twinkle for a while. The beauty of it smote his heart, as he looked up out of the forsaken land, and hope returned to him. For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach.”
Frelga
Meanwhile...

Post by Frelga »

Well, I should clarify - what I don't care much about is the outcome. I don't often feel that I have a stake in who wins, unless there was a movie that year that I truly liked (ahemLOTRahem), or with Super Bowl, if one of my friends is a great fan of one of the teams. I certainly enjoy the spectacle of both events, the glitz or the sweat, and the drama.

Actually, if Super Bowl were played in Oscar-worthy dresses, I'd watch the whole thing. :devil:

World Series is srz biznis, though. :3face:
If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.

Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!
Primula Baggins
Living in hope

Oh, yes, truly.

This last Super Bowl was actually quite a lot of fun.

And I love the Oscars even if I don't care who wins (though watching RotK bulldoze all before it was sweeeeeeet).