I might be on TV!!! (What do I wear?)

Discussion of performing arts, including theatre, film, television, and music.

What should I wear?

The blue sweater?
33%
The purple sweater?
33%
The red sweater?
33%
Much on demand? Live Tv? What the frell is going on? Didn't you have homework??
No votes

Total votes: 6

Hachimitsu
Formerly Wilma

I might be on TV!!! (What do I wear?)

Post by Hachimitsu »

Since people have said they would like a light hearted thread on the board I decided to post here (hope it's not spam). I have recently been lucky enough to get a wristband to get on Muchmusic's Much On Demand for tuesday March 21 (James Blunt is going to be there). It's similar to Total Request Live on MTV. The audience is on camera. Anyway it's live TV. I have no idea what to wear so my sisters helped me narrow down what the audience usually waers which is T shirts and hoodies. We are caught between different hoodies. Don't know if they should be zipped or unzipped even. So I have decided to ask you guys.

The blue sweater (I think it's cute, it's my favourite)

The purple swaeater ( kind of sassy I like it, has the pants colour on it).

The red sweater (my least favourite).

The pants and shoes have already been decided on and I got my hair braided and my hair style is similar to the picture thread in the members lounge. I'll be checking out this thread Tuesday morning.

After Thursday I will give a full report . :D

Oh, if anyone wants to watch it's Tuesay at 5pm eastern on Muchmusic. :D

(cross posted with B77)

Edit to fix spelling and to apologize for the lighting. :scratch:
Last edited by Hachimitsu on Mon Mar 20, 2006 6:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
Primula Baggins
Living in hope

Post by Primula Baggins »

I know the red is your least favorite, but it also has no writing or pictures on it to distract people from your gorgeous smile! Red is warm on camera, too. I'd go with the red.

I hope you have fun! And I wish I could see it! :hug:
“There, peeping among the cloud-wrack above a dark tor high up in the mountains, Sam saw a white star twinkle for a while. The beauty of it smote his heart, as he looked up out of the forsaken land, and hope returned to him. For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King
Old_Tom_Bombadil
friend to badgers – namer of ponies

Post by Old_Tom_Bombadil »

Here's a big vote for

PURPLE

:)
Voronwë the Faithful
At the intersection of here and now

Post by Voronwë the Faithful »

Wilma, normally I would go with purple, and Prim makes some excellent points about the red (of course), but I like the blue the best.

But whichever one you wear, you will look beautiful! Have a great time. That's really exciting!
"Spirits in the shape of hawks and eagles flew ever to and from his halls; and their eyes could see to the depths of the seas, and pierce the hidden caverns beneath the world."
Hachimitsu
Formerly Wilma

Post by Hachimitsu »

Hmmm. right now many people have mentioned the blue and purple. maybe I need another pic with the red. It's an older sweater and looks a bit worn. Hmm... Lots of kiddes have logos on their tees and hoodies so I didn't think it would be much of a problem. I am so picky I actually taped old episodes and watched the audience. I initially wanted a casual blazer but I have been told it would make me look older. (The show has an age limit *shock*)

The blue hoodie looks big sometimes and my sis loves purple and says I should go with that. ( I have alot of hoodies. They were all strewn over the living room for the little photo session.) I will see what my sis and I can do with more pics in the morning. :)

(This is fun!!!)
Primula Baggins
Living in hope

Well, if you go with a hoodie with words or pictures, I'd say definitely zip it up, so people can easily see what it says and go back to paying attention to you. :D

See, I'm bothered that I can't make out what either one of the designs is or what the words say. Oh, wait, the purple one says "CANADA." Now I'm happy. :D
“There, peeping among the cloud-wrack above a dark tor high up in the mountains, Sam saw a white star twinkle for a while. The beauty of it smote his heart, as he looked up out of the forsaken land, and hope returned to him. For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach.”
MaidenOfTheShieldarm
It's time to try defying gravity

Post by MaidenOfTheShieldarm »

The blue one says "The Berkshires," I believe.

Already voted on B77, and I still vote for the blue one. :D
And it is said by the Eldar that in the water there lives yet the echo of the Music of the Ainur more than in any substance else that is in this Earth; and many of the Children of Ilúvatar hearken still unsated to the voices of the sea, and yet know not what for what they listen.
nerdanel
This is Rome

Post by nerdanel »

Blue. Not because of what I like or don't like the best. I'm not even going to tell you which is my favorite. That's irrelevant.

Wear what YOU want, because ultimately, YOU will be the one who carries this memory longest. The thing that's most important is that you feel the most comfortable/least self-conscious about how you're dressed, so you're not at all distracted by that and can focus on absorbing as much of the experience as possible. You want to be able to think back to your day with a smile. :)

But, for whatever it's worth, I think that anyone who sees you tomorrow will be so focused on your beautiful, glowing smile (the one in the 2nd and 6th pictures) that what you're wearing won't even make the first impression on them. :D Have fun!
I won't just survive
Oh, you will see me thrive
Can't write my story
I'm beyond the archetype
I won't just conform
No matter how you shake my core
'Cause my roots, they run deep, oh

When, when the fire's at my feet again
And the vultures all start circling
They're whispering, "You're out of time,"
But still I rise
This is no mistake, no accident
When you think the final nail is in, think again
Don't be surprised, I will still rise
Hachimitsu
Formerly Wilma

Post by Hachimitsu »

Here is the red one again in better lighting. And the the blue one does say the Berkshires and the purple one does say Canada. And no I have not been to the Berkshires.

Primula Baggins
Living in hope

You know what, I don't think it matters what you wear. That smile of yours is all you need.
yovargas
I miss Prim ...

Post by yovargas »

Did Prim just suggest that Wilma go naked?

:suspicious:

You've been spending too much time around Holby.
I wanna love somebody but I don't know how
I wanna throw my body in the river and drown
-The Decemberists

Primula Baggins
Living in hope

Dear yov. :) Such a clever young man.

:salmon:

Cerin

Post by Cerin »

I voted red, and my second choice would be the blue. Agree with Prim, that the zipped look (or partial zip) is nicer.

Also agree that you are gorgeous, Wilma, and no one is even going to notice what you wear because your smile outshines all of the sweaters.

Have fun! :hug:
Hachimitsu
Formerly Wilma

Post by Hachimitsu »

I will let you guys know in the morning. Combining the votes of HOF and B77 it looks like blue will be the winner. (Unless something happens overnight. *evil giggle*)

I am getting very excited about tomorrow!!!! Squeeeeee!!!!
TheTennisBallKid
Location: The East of East, Fighting Wild Were-worms in The Last Desert

Post by TheTennisBallKid »

I like the blue. :)

ttbk
Hachimitsu
Formerly Wilma

Post by Hachimitsu »

Well addding the votes from here and B77 blue it is!!!!!!!! Thank you so much for helping me decide!!!!!! :hug: :love: