Good Night, and Good Luck

Discussion of performing arts, including theatre, film, television, and music.
Pearly Di
Elvendork

Good Night, and Good Luck

Post by Pearly Di »

Saw it tonight. Adored it.

:love: :love: :love: :love:

George darling, what a wonderful movie you've made!

Why didn't BAFTA give you any awards? :rage:

At least David Puttnam complimented you.

But, I'm sorry, George: I've been your girlfriend for so long but there's a new boy in town and his name is David Strathairn.

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

I would love to hear recordings of Edward Murrow's wartime broadcasts from London. :)

And Senator Joe McCarthy was one of the biggest and most toxic twits in the history of Western politics. :x
"Frodo undertook his quest out of love - to save the world he knew from disaster at his own expense, if he could ... "
Letter no. 246, The Collected Letters of J.R.R. Tolkien
Avatar by goldlighticons on Live Journal
Cerin

Post by Cerin »

Yes, Pearl, isn't Straithairn wonderful! He's played such a wide range of roles.

I haven't seen this one yet. I find it interesting that George parlayed his pretty-boy ER character into such a serious, thoughtful movie career.

The American left was recently trying to ressurect McCarthy as a hero! I think that attempt fizzled, but I'm not sure. Maybe they are still trying.

This new 'V for Vendetta' movie I've been seeing promos for seems to have some very current political undertones (not meaning to get off topic).
Pearly Di
Elvendork

Post by Pearly Di »

Cerin wrote:Yes, Pearl, isn't Straithairn wonderful! He's played such a wide range of roles.
He's a marvellous actor. I was beyond impressed. :)
I find it interesting that George parlayed his pretty-boy ER character into such a serious, thoughtful movie career.
Yes. :) I mean, really, that combination of handsomeness and intelligence is pretty much irresistable. :D And that voice! Sexy!

Kirsty Wark, one of the BBC2 presenters on Newsnight, interviewed Clooney tonight and she looked like the cat who got the cream. :D
The American left was recently trying to ressurect McCarthy as a hero! I think that attempt fizzled, but I'm not sure. Maybe they are still trying.
The American Left????? :shock: :scratch: Golly.

How on earth could anyone see that man as a hero? He ruined people's reputations and attacked their integrity. All because of hearsay and rumour and paranoia.

'V for Vendetta' looks intriguing. 8)
"Frodo undertook his quest out of love - to save the world he knew from disaster at his own expense, if he could ... "
Cerin

Post by Cerin »

oops

That should have been, the American Right.

:D
Pearly Di
Elvendork

Post by Pearly Di »

I had a feeling it might be. :D

The Right need their heads examined. :rage:

Not that we didn't know that. ;)